From Fox Sports, some love for Number Nine

The FOX Sports home page.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 1.08.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 1.08.00 PM.png
    528.4 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: 19 people
Nice article, the remarks from the O-linemen of OU and Ole Miss speak volumes about his ability. It's also good to see he wants to succeed in the classroom as much as he does on the football field.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm so excited to see what he's capable of with more strength, conditioning, and experience under his belt. Seeing that Power T up there front and center is so exciting. :)

Barnett's a stud, and a hard worker. Proud of him, and looking forward to seeing him dominate this fall.

However, ask Barnett what a realistic goal is for 2015 and he doesn't hesitate.

"To win the SEC championship," Barnett said. "We're good. We have a lot of talent here."

Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
Most of the news flashes posted on here are posted under free Vols news on the VN homepage . Scroll down just a wee bit. :)

Most of the news flashes posted on here are posted under free Vols news on the VN homepage . Scroll down just a wee bit. :)

But we get to discuss, dissect and over analyze them here. And occaisionally, a few of those free links on the home page come from things people post in here. :)

Hasn't Barnett already broken out? With our improved depth at DE (Phillips, Weatherd, Butcher), I'd be surprised if he replicates his stats from last year if only because he'll likely get a lot more rest. More blowout wins won't help his stats either.

Reactions: 2 people
Hasn't Barnett already broken out? With our improved depth at DE (Phillips, Weatherd, Butcher), I'd be surprised if he replicates his stats from last year if only because he'll likely get a lot more rest. More blowout wins won't help his stats either.

I think he meant the rest of the country is about to find out about him. I'm amazed how when I talk to friends of mine who don't live in the south and follow college football say they haven't heard of him. I think that will change this year.

I'm ok with Barnett not being considered a breakout because it means he'll have monster stats

Since he's only 18 years old, isn't it reasonable to expect him to experience some strength gains from last season? Barring injury, it's hard to see him not being a better player vs 2014. Here's hoping Maggitt can stay healthy also - maybe our best DE tandom ever if this happens?

he has already had his breakout year

now it will be major improvements with the experience he will gain

VN Store

Back