How do you get pumped for games?

jlindsa4

In the spirit of the summer time I thought I would make a thread asking how volnation fans prep for games (besides the obvious alcohol stuff). If I am at the game, the atmosphere usually gets me going, but if I am at home I usually jump around a bit to calm my nerves.

Also I would like to post a link to a video of one of my favorite ball players, John Henderson. This is how he prepared for games...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa1lY--7H-g[/youtube]

Also feel free to share pregame rituals of your favorite vols as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Why does anyone need to "get pumped" for games? Kinda happens naturally, but if you guys need your little blue pill for UT football, then oh well.

I read VolNation and watch other games on TV and wait for kickoff. If it's a big SEC game, my stomach is usually in knots by the time they cut to the stadium and show the players warming up...especially if it's a CBS game. That CBS College Football music is basically the sound of death for Tennessee fans.

Reactions: 3 people
If I'm not at the game I like to watch the band do the pregame show on youtube. Starting when they form the power T and do the V---O---L---S! V--O--L--S! V-O-L-S! GO VOLS GO! And when they run through the T.

Reactions: 1 person
The week leading up to the game I look forward to Chatt's "What Other Message Boards Are Saying" thread and The Official Girls of... thread.

On Game Day, I read Yankee's "Official Game" Thread.

Around noon (10am if it's a noon game) I crack open a bottle of whiskey and start slamming down Jack n Cokes

Like Freak, I play Rocky Top over and over!

Reactions: 4 people
Why do u criticize every single thing said in this forum?

That's just factually incorrect. I agree with a lot of posts on VN and make no secret about it. In fact, I agree with most of what you post on various topics in this forum. You're cherry picking.

The week leading up to the game I look forward to Chatt's "What Other Message Boards Are Saying" thread and The Official Girls of... thread.

Around noon (10am if it's a noon game) I crack open a bottle of whiskey and start slamming down Jack n Cokes

Solid. Good answer with the other message board and girls of threads. :good!:

I hang around with this guy... he really gets me motivated.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVNboUO05g[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: 3 people

I do this as well.

giphy.gif

On Gamedays my alarm tone is Rockytop. After I wake up to it, I wake up everyone in my dwelling by yelling as loud as I can "IIIIIIIIIIITS. GAAAAAAAAMEDAYYYY." After that, we load up and head to the Stadium unless of course we're on the road, then it's lots of VN and LOTS of bourbon and barbecue. If we win, I drink til I drop. If we lose, I drink til I forget what football is.

I opened this thread thinking "oh this is easy" but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I don't really have a true ritual. I just love football, and I love my Vols. I guess I play some rocky top, imagine what a win would do for the program, and start drinking (purely to lubricate my vocal cords of course :):thumbsup:)

On Gamedays my alarm tone is Rockytop. After I wake up to it, I wake up everyone in my dwelling by yelling as loud as I can "IIIIIIIIIIITS. GAAAAAAAAMEDAYYYY." After that, we load up and head to the Stadium unless of course we're on the road, then it's lots of VN and LOTS of bourbon and barbecue. If we win, I drink til I drop. If we lose, I drink til I forget what football is.

you should squirt them with water..it's how my Dad used to get us up..its a real crowd pleaser!

Always pumped for games- surrounded by tons of orange both in the house and both vehicles- try to wear something Tennessee everyday, love listening to the cd of the Pride... visit Volnation several times a day- hear from our dear friends that are as pumped as we are- waving a them! Got hotel reservations made for Nashville and rest of season, live & breathe orange and white!! Yeppers we stay pumped!!!:yes:

Love Love Love watching you tube of football and the Pride!!! and never get tired of hearing
ROCKYTOP!!!!!:dance2::whistling:

I SAY IT'S GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!!:rock:

John Ward and Bill Anderson call in show always did it as well as being at the Neyland hearing Bobby Denton say its Football Time Tennessee!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back