Negavol or being realistic? Voice your concerns.

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
There has always been this kind of labeling of posters. It seems the "Sunshine Pumper" is overly optimistic, while the "Negavol" is overly pessimistic.

I used to be labeled a pretty aggressive Sunshine Pumper but apparently I've grown pessimistic over time and become labeled as more of a Negavol. At least that's what other posters keep telling me. Personally, I think me and the other posters that have developed this reputation (Fade, KB, etc) are just being realistic. I figure the offseason is a good time for Negavol's or anyone else to voice their concerns, and to hear the opposition for them.

I'll start with mine:

- Butch does everything right off the field, but I'm still very much in wait-and-see mode about his game day skills. He's lost more games he shouldn't have lost than he has won games he shouldn't have won. It's a bit concerning.

- I worry Dobbs is overrated. He's a baller, and honestly he might be one of the best runners for a QB in Tennessee history, but I worry when it's 4th and 15, and we need to thread the needle to the only open window on the field, Dobbs just may not have the skill for it.

- I'm sorry, I just don't believe we're ever going to beat Florida again. It just seems like a different team shows up against Florida than the team that shows up in all the rest of the games. It's a mental game at this point and it seems like our players forget everything they know about football as soon as they see orange and blue.

- I thoroughly believe we need to cool the jets on the over-hype of Team 119. They have massive potential, but we play in the SEC. In the SEC "potential" can turn into "lack of experience" in a heartbeat.

Voice your concerns here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
There has always been this kind of labeling of posters. It seems the "Sunshine Pumper" is overly optimistic, while the "Negavol" is overly pessimistic.

I used to be labeled a pretty aggressive Sunshine Pumper but apparently I've grown pessimistic over time and become labeled as more of a Negavol. At least that's what other posters keep telling me. Personally, I think me and the other posters that have developed this reputation (Fade, KB, etc) are just being realistic. I figure the offseason is a good time for Negavol's or anyone else to voice their concerns, and to hear the opposition for them.

I'll start with mine:

- Butch does everything right off the field, but I'm still very much in wait-and-see mode about his game day skills. He's lost more games he shouldn't have lost than he has won games he shouldn't have won. It's a bit concerning.

- I worry Dobbs is overrated. He's a baller, and honestly he might be one of the best runners for a QB in Tennessee history, but I worry when it's 4th and 15, and we need to thread the needle to the only open window on the field, Dobbs just may not have the skill for it.

- I'm sorry, I just don't believe we're ever going to beat Florida again. It just seems like a different team shows up against Florida than the team that shows up in all the rest of the games. It's a mental game at this point and it seems like our players forget everything they know about football as soon as they see orange and blue.

- I thoroughly believe we needs to cool the jets on the over-hype of Team 119. They have massive potential, but we play in the SEC. In the SEC "potential" can turn into "lack of experience" in a heartbeat.

Voice your concerns here.

I think your concerns about Butch in game time situations is at the very least fair. I agree there are more games we have lost that we should have won than the other way around...including this past season against Florida.

Which really brings me to my only true 100% disagreement with you. We will beat UF again, and I truly believe our best shot in the last decade is coming this season in the Swamp. By far this team is better both physically and more importantly (at least in this case) mentally than we have had in a very long time. The mentality is changing within the program. That's one thing CBJ has done perfectly. They are becoming winners mentally and it is going to translate on the field IMO. Do I think it's possible we lose to them again this year? Of course it's possible. But I am more confident in a W against them this coming season than I have in each of the last 10 straight losses. They have a new coach, talent level isn't as high as typical for them, and they have many unsolved problems including their starting QB.

Reactions: 5 people
Remember '13 Florida went 4-8 and lost to Georgia Southern

Records doesn't indicate how good a team actually is. Florida is better than we are on paper. You already stated that Oklahoma whooped our ass how did you expect us to beat a MUCH better Florida D?

'13 Vandy is the only team he has lost too that he shouldn't have.

Reactions: 2 people
If we can keep Butch long enough, we'll have some streaks of our own. Streaks take time to begin, build, and end. If you live long enough you'll see win streaks against Ala, Fla, and Ga. I have and if I live long enough, I expect to again. I know when we're in one, like this one with Fla, it seems un-ending, but it will end. This year? I think so.

Reactions: 3 people
Records doesn't indicate how good a team actually is. Florida is better than we are on paper. You already stated that Oklahoma whooped our ass how did you expect us to beat a MUCH better Florida D?

'13 Vandy is the only team he has lost too that he shouldn't have.

That Vandy team won 9 games, and beat Florida and Georgia. But yeah, we should have beat them...
with nothing! LOL

Reactions: 3 people
My Concern is our LB Corps though. Will Maybin live up to his potential? Who is our MLB? Bunch of Unknowns.

I'm soo sick of comments like this

I'll say it >>>>>>>>>>>>> we are gonna not just beat but crush florida this year!

It's a fact! book it!

If we don't I'll never post again!!

Bookmarking just in case. That way if we do lose, it won't be a total loss.

Just kidding Keith.
In all seriousness, I agree with OP on all points except Florida. I'm pretty depressed about the series, but that is full on negavol. The rest is realivol.

VN Store

Back