Arian Foster #80 on NFL Top 100.

HoptownVol

OK look, I get it.... he's not exactly the favorite son right now. But he's a great player and I hope he gets
over the sting of being screwed by Fulmer at draft time, and if anybody can mend those fences its Butch.
Foster could be a great ambassador for UT football.

I just hope in the meantime he keeps his mouth shut, but the odds on that........ ?

Reactions: 2 people
OK look, I get it.... he's not exactly the favorite son right now. But he's a great player and I hope he gets
over the sting of being screwed by Fulmer at draft time, and if anybody can mend those fences its Butch.
Foster could be a great ambassador for UT football.

I just hope in the meantime he keeps his mouth shut, but the odds on that........ ?

Foster is an ambassador for UT about as much as Colonel Sanders is an ambassador for the plight of chickens.

Reactions: 7 people
If Foster wanted to come up and work out or address the team, we all know Butch would roll out the
red carpet for him. Case closed.

Probably so. But it wouldn't remotely change my opinion of Foster as a selfish, attention-seeking dumbass who generally had no idea what he's talking about, no matter what he's talking about.

Probably so. But it wouldn't remotely change my opinion of Foster as a selfish, attention-seeking dumbass who generally had no idea what he's talking about, no matter what he's talking about.

The team dont care what you think. Its irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 person

CBJ has already had Foster back once - his first season as coach I believe. Foster spoke to the team too. I personally have no quarrel with Foster. I can't say I've ever heard him dog the University of Tennessee or the football program. Yes, he said he was paid and received tacos. So what? I'm such a huge advocate for players being paid, I don't blame him for expressing his concerns and complaints. Players shouldn't be condemned for admitting they accepted money. The only reason most fans don't like it is because they don't want to risk the NCAA putting their nose in our teams business. I say screw the NCAA. And I think that's what Foster would say his main point is as well. The NCAA is such a greed-driven, hypocritical, selfish organization, if a player admits to accepting anything other than a scholarship for the 40 hours a week they dedicate to football (not including school work), they are made to look like a bad person and therefore making the school they attend look bad. Screw that. The NCAA is the bad guy. I whole heartedly side with Foster and any other player who admits to accepting money or some other gift in college. Don't take out on Foster what you should be taking out on the NCAA. That's exactly what they want you to do...ugh...I'm done for now.

Reactions: 1 person
The team dont care what you think. Its irrelevant.

And i don't give a shiite what you think. It's a message board chief.

Foster's embarrassed the program more than once for some crusade he thinks he's on. To hell with him. There are a ton of honest, honorable former Vol players/VFLs that hold the program in high regard and don't look for any opportunity to throw it under the bus to make some political or Social justice type statement. I'll pull for and support those guys....Foster can go play in traffic imo.

Reactions: 6 people
And i don't give a shiite what you think. It's a message board chief.

Foster's embarrassed the program more than once for some crusade he thinks he's on. To hell with him. There are a ton of honest, honorable former Vol players/VFLs that hold the program in high regard and don't look for any opportunity to throw it under the bus to make some political or Social justice type statement. I'll pull for and support those guys....Foster can go play in traffic imo.

Wahhhh, you sound angry. Maybe you should go check your blood pressure or something.

We wouldnt have this problem if Fulmer hadn't screwed him over before the draft. I understand his
resentment, but regardless of what UT fans may think of the guy, which is totally irrelevant, anybody
of his stature in the NFL could be a tremendous resource for UT football. And THAT is the point!

Wahhhh, you sound angry. Maybe you should go check your blood pressure or something.

We wouldnt have this problem if Fulmer hadn't screwed him over before the draft. I understand his
resentment, but regardless of what UT fans may think of the guy, which is totally irrelevant, anybody
of his stature in the NFL could be a tremendous resource for UT football. And THAT is the point!

He didn't get drafted because of a poor attitude, a bad 40 time and a propensity to hurt his team with bad fumbles at very in opportune times. He COULD be of benefit to the UT program, yet he seems to constantly choose to try be just the opposite by appearing to urge NCAA investigators to visit Knoxville and follow up with his ridiculous BS claims. Wake the hell up Champ....he's no friend of the program.

Reactions: 9 people
He didn't get drafted because of a poor attitude, a bad 40 time and a propensity to hurt his team with bad fumbles at very in opportune times. He COULD be of benefit to the UT program, yet he seems to constantly choose to try be just the opposite by appearing to urge NCAA investigators to visit Knoxville and follow up with his ridiculous BS claims. Wake the hell up Champ....he's no friend of the program.

No, he didnt get drafted because Fulmer threw him under the bus.

And I guess he's demonstrated by winning the rushing title that the propaganda about his "bad 40" time is a
bunch of crap.

YES, he COULD be of benefit to the program and that is the whole point. You're blinded by hatred, I get that.
You need to go back and read my OP, if you're capable.

And oh hey, I finally figured out what KB stands for .....Kookeybird! Welcome to my ignore list Kookey,
its long overdue I assure you.

No, he didnt get drafted because Fulmer threw him under the bus.

And I guess he's demonstrated by winning the rushing title that the propaganda about his "bad 40" time is a
bunch of crap.

YES, he COULD be of benefit to the program and that is the whole point. You're blinded by hatred, I get that.
You need to go back and read my OP, if you're capable.

And oh hey, I finally figured out what KB stands for .....Kookeybird! Welcome to my ignore list Kookey,
its long overdue I assure you.

I'm "blinded by hatred"?? Haha.....you're the guy who would rather have Derek Dooley roaming the Tennessee sidelines than our program's 2nd all-time best HALL OF FAME head football coach Phil Fulmer. Oh yea, I had forgotten that you're the #1 Fulmer hater on the board.

Listen dude, Phil didn't have to "throw Arian under the bus"..... Foster's play as a senior and his awful 40 times (4.65 at the combine & 4.69 at his Pro Day) did plenty of talking. Newsflash Hoss....if Arian had instead run 4.45 rather than those horrible 40 times for a running back, it wouldn't have mattered what Phil had said about him...some team, any of the 32 teams would have picked him. You clearly have no earthly idea how the NFL draft works....kinda like you're clueless about judging collegiate head coaching and who true VFLs are.

Also, you say Arian COULD be of benefit to the program....why don't you let us all know why HE'S NOT?? I guess oL' Phil has him blackballed or something in the football office and facilities, eh? Or maybe it's because every time he gets the chance, he appears to be trying to get the NCAA to impose sanctions on the University Athletic Department that gave him a four year scholarship and opportunity to showcase his abilities for NFL teams. Real top notch man of integrity that guy....you should be proud.

I wonder if youre not just perhaps the biggest troll on here when you'll defend a guy who constantly says he got illegal benefits from the coaches and boosters of his University's football program .....but you despise another guy who never did anything but give Tennessee his best by winning a ton of football games, including the first program national title in nearly 50 years, while on his way to becoming a member of the college football hall of fame. You really need to straighten out your priorities as a Tennessee football fan.

Btw, thanks for doing me the honor of making me a member of your ignore list. It's the only thing you've ever posted on Volnation that's worth my time to read.....which includes your tripe over in the "why was Derek Dooley so bad" thread where bamawriter has just been handing your arse...have a good one chief.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back