Heisman trophy odds: Jalen Hurd 66/1

Fingers

Jalen Hurd is one of the 30 players on the list.

Ezekiel Elliott (RB Ohio State) 6/1
Leonard Fournette (RB LSU) 15/2
Dak Prescott (QB Mississippi State) 8/1
Nick Chubb (RB Georgia) 8/1
Trevone Boykin (QB TCU) 8/1
Cody Kessler (QB USC) 12/1
Cardale Jones (QB Ohio State) 12/1
Everett Golson (QB Florida State) 14/1
Derrick Henry (RB Alabama) 16/1
Paul Perkins (RB UCLA) 18/1
Connor Cook (QB Michigan State) 20/1
Deshaun Watson (QB Clemson) 20/1
Jeremy Johnson (QB Auburn) 20/1
Samaje Perine (RB Oklahoma) 20/1
Braxton Miller (QB Ohio State) 25/1
J.T. Barrett (QB Ohio State) 28/1
Corey Clement (RB Wisconsin) 33/1
Justin Thomas (QB Georgia Tech) 33/1
Royce Freeman (RB Oregon) 33/1
Seth Russell (QB Baylor) 33/1
Brad Kaaya (QB Miami) 40/1
D.J. Foster (RB Arizona State) 40/1
Dalvin Cook (RB Florida State) 40/1
James Connor (RB Pittsburgh) 40/1
Mason Rudolph (QB Oklahoma State) 40/1
Nick Wilson (RB Arizona) 40/1
Taysom Hill (QB BYU) 40/1
Malik Zaire (QB Notre Dame) 40/1
Jared Goff (QB California) 50/1
Jacoby Brissett (QB North Carolina State)66/1
Jalen Hurd (RB Tennessee) 66/1
Laquon Treadwell (WR Mississippi) 66/1
Marquise Williams (QB North Carolina)66/1
Scooby Wright (LB Arizona) 66/1

Betting Odds Update: Heisman Trophy | Odds Shark

Reactions: 3 people
Actual odds of ANY TN player winning the HT, 1,000,000/1 !

Heisman hates us! :no:

In before "So your telling me there is a chance!"

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture5135-lloyd-christmas.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Jalen Hurd is one of the 30 players on the list.

Betting Odds Update: Heisman Trophy | Odds Shark

Wish he would but no chance of him winning it. He and Kamara will probably rotate and figured the carries will be somewhat evenly split up. Along with Dobb's probably having 8 or so carries plus throwing the ball 25-30 times I just don't see him getting the amount of touch's he would need to be in the running for the He is an. But Hurd and Kamara will be one of the tope 4-5 duo's in the conference.

Dobbs is a more likely candidate IMO

Yes Dobbs far more likely, Jalen had a good year last year but Chubbs was way better. Chubb will get more carries this year and Jalen is going to have the same number of carries or less with Kamara. Also, if we have a chance of being an elite team, which is practically a requirement to win the heisman, it will be because of Dobbs.

Yes Dobbs far more likely, Jalen had a good year last year but Chubbs was way better. Chubb will get more carries this year and Jalen is going to have the same number of carries or less with Kamara. Also, if we have a chance of being an elite team, which is practically a requirement to win the heisman, it will be because of Dobbs.

Absolutely. Hurd is a top 5 RB in the conference but at least right now he will be behind Chubb, Fournette and Henry.

We don't know what Hurd can do with a few running lanes. He played behind a terrible O line last year.

We don't know what Hurd can do with a few running lanes. He played behind a terrible O line last year.

I feel like I have a good idea what Hurd would do with a few running lanes.....about 6.5 yds per carry.

If Jalen runs for 1,5oo-2,000 yds against our schedule he should win the darn thing. Golson on the list…….. :lol:
Dobbs not listed……:jawdrop: :bad:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Better than Hurd, isn't he? More yards, higher average, and twice the TDs in a tougher division.

He also had a heck of a better OL. Everyone should hold their judgement's on Hurd until he has a above average OL to run behind. We all know he is a special player, but we won't know exactly how special until he has a decent OL.

Reactions: 1 person
Jalen's a great kid, and before his college career is over could win some RB-specific and All-American, All-SEC awards. But his chances at the Heisman are, realistically, much lower than this guy's listing.

First reason: Hurd and Kamara are going to split time. To win the Heisman as a RB you need to be The Guy, not one of two guys. Numbers need to be really gaudy. You don't get to really gaudy giving up a third or more of the carries to your teammate.

Second reason: Tennessee runs a spread offense that looks for balance between running and passing game. To win the Heisman as a RB, you really need to be on a team whose offense is very run-heavy. Think of Ron Dayne at Wisconsin. The irony of Hurd's being on this list is that, this year, the SEC does have several teams that will ikely be very run-heavy because of huge talent at that position, combined with questionable/new QBs. The irony is that Hurd is not at one of those schools.

Final reason: Joshua Dobbs. RBs rarely win the Heisman. And they never seem to win the Heisman when they share the backfield with an equally compelling QB. The spotlight always seems to naturally settle on the play-caller.

Jalen is awesome. Love the kid. Love his attitude and work ethic and sheer talent. And I wish for him a future full of laurels and plaudits. But the Heisman Trophy in 2015 is not going to be one of them. It just isn't.

Last edited:
Everyone sleeping on Jared Goff. I see Nick Chubb/Jared Goff/Ezekiel Elliot/Paul Perkins/& Trevone Boykin as front runners this year.

If Jalen runs for 1,5oo-2,000 yds against our schedule he should win the darn thing. Golson on the list…….. :lol:
Dobbs not listed……:jawdrop: :bad:

Running for 1500-2000 yds behind our OL would be like any other back in the conference running for like 18,274 yds behind theirs.

Reactions: 2 people
Did you watch him play? He's Jalen Hurd with more speed

Some might argue that Jalen is more versatile (in run/pass blocking and in catching the football). Hurd nearly racked up 1,000 yards under the worst offensive line Ive ever seen at UT. And he did it as a true freshman averaging nearly 5 yards a carry. As for the speed, I'd guess they have very similar 40 times.

Fournette = NFL talent//Hurd = NFL talent

They both good af.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back