What Will Dobbs Do This Season

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
A. Throw for 3,000 yards
B. Run for 1,000 yards
C. Both
D. Neither

I am going to say A because of all of the weapons we have at WR, TE, and RB. It is an embarrassment of riches.

Dobbs will be Heisman runner up to the first OLineman to receive one.

Other UT Heisman records include
Johnny Majors: Heisman runner up to the only hiesman winner to a losing team

Peyton Manning: runner up to the only defensive player Heisman winner

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
It all depends on the offensive line's improvement in pass protection and assignment blocking.

Pretty much this, if he has to scramble all year like he did when he was starting last year, he won't make it through the season. As good as Dobbs is, his production this year rests with the o line as much as himself.

Reactions: 1 person
A. Throw for 3,000 yards
B. Run for 1,000 yards
C. Both
D. Neither

I am going to say A because of all of the weapons we have at WR, TE, and RB. It is an embarrassment of riches.

Throw for 2500. Run for 600.

Dormady or Jones will see important snaps.

Keep Dobbsfresh

I can honestly see Dobbs runnin anywhere from to 600 yards to 1200 yards. I think they will try and limit his runs to keep him healthy so I'd guess he runs for 850 and passes for 2500.

Perhaps the single most important thing Dobbs could do this season is not get injured, yes/no?

Reactions: 2 people
If you want to win the east you better run the ball, when you are able to run the ball our WR will rule the opponents DB's...book it

This is the reason Georgia gets so much praise in ranking.

Answer D

I can honestly see Dobbs runnin anywhere from to 600 yards to 1200 yards. I think they will try and limit his runs to keep him healthy so I'd guess he runs for 850 and passes for 2500.

I'd love to see that. Question if he gets 1700 rushing yards this year and next, is he the greatest dual threat qb in UT history?

Dobbs at QB: 8-4 to 10-2

Dormady/Jones/Jennings at QB: 5-7 to 7-5

The defense will be good enough to beat BGSU, Western Carolina, NT, Vandy, and UK even if the freshmen QBs turn out to be abysmal.

But I think the coaches will find a solution out of the remaining three to get bowl-eligible. Either Dormady/Jones become serviceable passers by the fall or Jennings athleticism helps us eke out a few tough wins with him essentially playing wildcat QB all game.

The defense will be good enough to beat BGSU, Western Carolina, NT, Vandy, and UK even if the freshmen QBs turn out to be abysmal.

But I think the coaches will find a solution out of the remaining three to get bowl-eligible. Either Dormady/Jones become serviceable passers by the fall or Jennings athleticism helps us eke out a few tough wins with him essentially playing wildcat QB all game.

We're not going 10-2. I think you've been reading too much Bleacher Report IMO.

What Will Dobbs Do This Season

Dobbs gonna make it rain on dem hosmos. Talkin bout dem gators and those Crimsinal Tideywhities. Bama to the slamma. Floriduh.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dPNAFgOSE[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people

I agree 100 percent. A healthy Dobbs and an improved offensive line should put us in the 9 - 3 range. I wouldn't exactly give up the ghost if Dormady was put into action with our defense. Dormady seems to be quite good at the deep ball too.

I agree 100 percent. A healthy Dobbs and an improved offensive line should put us in the 9 - 3 range. I wouldn't exactly give up the ghost if Dormady was put into action with our defense. Dormady seems to be quite good at the deep ball too.

And his accuracy is spot on (at least I was impressed)at the spring game, but that doesn't match up to regular games in the SEC.

neither-Dobbs WILL pass for 3149, run for 1420 and punt on 3rd down in the bama game, downing the ball at the 1 yard line, they fumble, WE WIN!

VN Store

Back