AgainstTheNumber projects 7.5 wins for Tennessee

sounds about right. thats about where they had MSU, Ole Miss and teams like that last yr. I think we will be about 8-4. fine by me. Get a shot to win a 9th game in a bowl.

also, thats too high on UF.

Reactions: 4 people
I think something in this writer's methodology is squeezing the results toward the center, kind of like DAJ's over/under thing. If you were to stretch that list like taffy until the top end = 11 rather than 9.5, I think it'd be a more accurate guess (having 3 at the bottom end is ok, even Vandy can squeak out three wins vs FCS and Group of 5 opponents).

Stretching the list that way would pull Tennesee up somewhere between 8 and 9 wins. Which is still low, imo. I think we're looking at a 9-to-10 win regular season. Flip flop us and Arkansas: it's pretty clear this writer projects an Arky win in Neyland, which I think will prove to be his key analytical error when it comes to those two teams.

Over.

I believe we actually have a shot to beat everyone on our schedule, but will probably drop two. That is dependent on Dobbs staying healthy, of course, and that is dependent on a better showing from the OL.

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 2 people
5 and below=fire Jones
6=failure, but Jones gets another year
7=lower end of what people expected, recruiting takes a hit and he loses some goodwill from the fanbase
8=expected, everything is fine, just win 9-10 in 2016, please
9=Jones is a great coach, we will be a top 10 team in 2016
10=Jones is elite
11+=we have the best coach in CFB

Reactions: 13 people
I don't understand the fascination with UGA.

Kinda me neither. I get that they're very talented and have outstanding RBs/running game. But they haven't identified a QB yet, should be vulnerable in the back 7 defensively and we always play them well/close, even when we suck and they're picked to win the SECe. I think we finally get them at home this year.

Reactions: 3 people
5 and below=fire Jones
6=failure, but Jones gets another year
7=lower end of what people expected, recruiting takes a hit and he loses some goodwill from the fanbase
8=expected, everything is fine, just win 9-10 in 2016, please
9=Jones is a great coach, we will be a top 10 team in 2016
10=Jones is elite
11+=we have the best coach in CFB

12+ = "Check out my Butch Jones tattoo!"

Reactions: 12 people
I think more like 10-2...I say why not because the schedule sets up for us nicely.

The middle of the schedule where Ark, Georgia and Bama has to play a tough team prior to playing UT, then you look BYU playing Mizzou.

Can you say Texas A&M is our friend this year

Attachments

• schedule.png
    schedule.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I don't understand the fascination with UGA.

Because of the division, they'll likely be the favorite on the field for every divisional game, and most other games.

Even at our game, they'll still be the favorite - it's only a trap game if they beat Bama the week before.

I think more like 10-2...I say why not because the schedule sets up for us nicely.

The middle of the schedule where Ark, Georgia and Bama has to play a tough tem prior to playing UT, then you look BYU playing Mizzou.

Can you say Texas A&M is our friend this year

I like the fact that Bama has to play Arky before us.

Too low? Too high? Spot on?

Here are all the SEC teams:

Alabama 9.5
Georgia 9
Auburn 8.5
Ole Miss 8.5
Arkansas 8.5
LSU 8
Tennessee 7.5
Missouri 7.5
Florida 7.5
Texas A&M 7.5
Mississippi State 7
South Carolina 7
Kentucky 6
Vanderbilt 3

ATN’s College Football Season Win Totals | Sports Betting Picks & Analytics

I think it's just right. I'm anything but a negavol but I think this is realistic, don't get me wrong I love the we could win the East but if you look at it from the outside. We do have a lot of talent returning but most are sophomores. OSU proved that you can win with a team similar (in youth, not depth) but they don't play in the SEC week in and out. I think we will go 8-4 maybe 9-3 but if we don't I won't be calling for butch's head

I think it's just right. I'm anything but a negavol but I think this is realistic, don't get me wrong I love the we could win the East but if you look at it from the outside. We do have a lot of talent returning but most are sophomores. OSU proved that you can win with a team similar (in youth, not depth) but they don't play in the SEC week in and out. I think we will go 8-4 maybe 9-3 but if we don't I won't be calling for butch's head

I'll probably catch some heat too but I'm in the same boat as you. My over/under is eight wins.

I could see only a single SEC team getting double digit regular season wins.

There are several that will win 8-9, IMO.

Bama
Auburn
UGA
UT
LSU
Ole Miss
A&M
Mizzou
Arkansas

Gonna be a lot of parity and a lot teams beating up on each other this year.

ATN must consider TN's offensive line to still be their biggest weakness. Otherwise, how can you bet against a team with a proven returning QB, quality running backs and receivers, and nine returning starters on defense?

Freak bringing the threads this morning!

8 regular season wins and I would be stoked. Would show some very noticeable improvement over past seasons. I think 7.5 is pretty accurate IMO for betting purposes.

Freak bringing the threads this morning!

8 regular season wins and I would be stoked. Would show some very noticeable improvement over past seasons. I think 7.5 is pretty accurate IMO for betting purposes.

I was wondering when someone was going to point that out. :lol: I was on a roll.

I am assuming this doesn't include bowls or championship games.

Alabama 9.5 (Over)
Georgia 9 (Push)
Auburn 8.5 (Over)
Ole Miss 8.5 (Under)
Arkansas 8.5 (Under)
LSU 8 (Push)
Tennessee 7.5 (Over)
Missouri 7.5 (Over)
Florida 7.5 (Under)
Texas A&M 7.5 (Under)
Mississippi State 7 (Push)
South Carolina 7 (Under)