First Look at 'Battle at Bristol' Venue for Virginia Tech-Tennessee Game

It is going to be amazing. Here is hoping UT and VT have good seasons so we will both go into next season ranked. We are going to stomp some hokie tail.

Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
I think the game is so far off it's hard for a lot of people to get excited just yet.

Cool pic though.

CCktu8iWAAAErE0.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
I think the game is so far off it's hard for a lot of people to get excited just yet.

Cool pic though.

CCktu8iWAAAErE0.jpg

Gonna be a challenge coming up with plays to get around that score board tower on the 50 yard line. Hope Debord is up to the task.

Reactions: 9 people
We will smash the Hokies, believe that. The VT program has been steadily declining over the past couple of years, and it doesn't appear to be getting any better. They may be breaking in a new coach come 2016 too.

It is going to be amazing. Here is hoping UT and VT have good seasons so we will both go into next season ranked. We are going to stomp some hokie tail.

Go Vols

As an E. TN guy, I love that Bristol is getting this game. The unique nature of Bristol (split by the state line) makes team loyalty a kinda interesting dynamic. I'm on the VA side but even here it is probably 60/40 UT. TN side it isn't even close, my guess is 85/15, maybe 80/20.

Lots of love for UT in what should be a great and historic game.

Reactions: 4 people
It was that way a year or two ago if i recall.I bartend from time to time and remember seeing the same thing.Not sure why or anything,but it was....

My goodness the field is going to be so far away. Don't get me wrong, I'll be there no matter what, but definitely will need to bring the binoculars.

Reactions: 1 person
That has been painted in the infield for the past 2 years. After reading the article and their "first look", they're way behind.

will the uniforms have patches all over them...and will the players mentioned them before speaking about the game...

Reactions: 1 person
Excited for this game but as someone already posted, this game is too far off to really be enthusiastic about

I'm torn between wanting to be part of history, and wanting to see the game. lol

Put the game on 'record,' and head for Bristol. That way you can be a part of history and still really watch it later. It's what I'm planning on doing. :good!:

I'm torn between wanting to be part of history, and wanting to see the game. lol

I am the same way, I have 4 seats reserved and worry that I'm not going to be close enough to see the players numbers...unless they go back to the old style jerseys.

Having said that it would be fun just to be there.

FYI Tennessee is on the NON start-finish line side.

Go Vols

VT probably needs a good season after how the last 2 (or 3) years have gone, or else they very well might end up playing the "new head coach rebuilding" game in the 2016 season.

Not sure what your saying. I mean I would like to be there, but the field is so far away from the seats.

Meaning that the traffic is going to be horrible.. Most will come the day of and will leave shortly after... Bristol is not a big city for other activities for a long weekend

will the uniforms have patches all over them...and will the players mentioned them before speaking about the game...

And they must refer to the other players by number only.

As in, "the 11 really played well today."

VN Store

Back