Fox Sports 2015 top 15-QB's early look

14 is too low.

I agree with you SE, BUT at least we have a QB who makes this list. It has been a long time since our QB situation was good enough that anyone would rank us as even having one of the top 15. After Dobbs has a great year this year then next year he will be in the top 5. GBO

Reactions: 4 people
Im sure URBIE is telling them there will be playing time...he never has minded telling the shade of the true...but I guess that's coach talk....

Uh, yeah!

All coaches do it...what do you expect them to say? "We'd really love for you to come to ___________, but you'll never see the field."

Back to the topic at hand...Good for Dobbs!

14 is too low.

Honestly, I don't think so. Maybe if this article were posted next off-season, after Dobbs has started a full season, but this year it seems about right.

Remember, this is a national outlet, so they don't have the magnifying glass that we do. To them, Dobbs went 4-2 as a starter, (when he didn't start the Bama game and came in after Peterman thoroughly crapped the bed..) and he still lost a winnable game to Mizzou. His stats weren't incredible against lowly Vanderbilt, and the second half schedule was pretty soft.

They're noting his potential, and the potential of the team. I don't think Dobbs should be heralded as a top college QB, just like the majority of VN doesn't want to start out the season with a number beside our name. We have to earn the rankings, earn the hype.

Reactions: 7 people
Honestly, I don't think so. Maybe if this article were posted next off-season, after Dobbs has started a full season, but this year it seems about right.

Remember, this is a national outlet, so they don't have the magnifying glass that we do. To them, Dobbs went 4-2 as a starter, (when he didn't start the Bama game and came in after Peterman thoroughly crapped the bed..) and he still lost a winnable game to Mizzou. His stats weren't incredible against lowly Vanderbilt, and the second half schedule was pretty soft.

They're noting his potential, and the potential of the team. I don't think Dobbs should be heralded as a top college QB, just like the majority of VN doesn't want to start out the season with a number beside our name. We have to earn the rankings, earn the hype.

Agreed. Dobbs certainly has the potential for a 2,800/26/800/10 type of season that would probably put him in NYC in December, but he needs to prove he can do it first.

Reactions: 1 person
Then their is the saying, QB's are there to compete. Who leaves could get a ding about not wanting to compete foe the starting job, Braxton, maybe moving to WR...to get ready for the pros.

yeah, it's a bit lazy to put all 3 OSU QBs on the list...barring injury, 2 will not put up impressive numbers.

While not a team fan, Kid from Miami did pretty well as a true Freshman last year...he has the potential to do great things as well.

yeah, it's a bit lazy to put all 3 OSU QBs on the list...barring injury, 2 will not put up impressive numbers.

While not a team fan, Kid from Miami did pretty well as a true Freshman last year...he has the potential to do great things as well.

Exactly why this article is a farce, if they wanted to throw all 3 into 1 slot, fine. But to have all 3 without giving 2 others QBs in the list is VERY NARROW "HOMER MINDED"

Please :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
Good to see that Air Dobbs is getting recognition for his 4-2 record last Fall. If he had been at the helm all year and had 8+ wins, he'd be getting more publicity.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs is currently the only qb on this list providing SECE representation. Continued Dobbs progretion + improved OL protection x RB's sensation + potential WR/TE reception = Volnation standing ovation, for Big VOL O.

Reactions: 1 person
Ohio State has replaced Alabama as the media darling, so anything they do is great & holy! I feel sorry for urban Meyer when karma catches up with him. Not!

Reactions: 4 people
Dobbs is currently the only qb on this list providing SECE representation. Continued Dobbs progretion + improved OL protection x RB's sensation + potential WR/TE reception = Volnation standing ovation, for Big VOL O.

Can anyone name another starting QB from the East other than Mauk?

WTF? :crazy:

VN Store

Back