2016 NFL Draft: Three-stars to watch (Cam Sutton)

Fingers

5. CB Cameron Sutton. Jonesboro, GA. 2013
Sutton was not ranked nationally, at his position or in Georgia in the Class of 2013. At 6-foot-1 and 190-pounds, Sutton has the size that NFL scouts currently look for in a cornerback. He's also aggressive, loves contact and has been a starter in Knoxville since he basically walked onto the campus as a true freshman. He has also been able to showcase his overall skillset on special teams, where he's become a consistent threat as a punt returner. While Vernon Hargreaves grabs most of the headlines at cornerback in the SEC, Sutton has somewhat quietly positioned himself into the talks as one of the top players at his position for the 2016 NFL Draft.

Farrell's Take: We undershot this one a bit. If Sutton were a high three star prospect, we could justify things more, but as a mid-three star not ranked in his home state, this one goes down as a miss. A tall and rangy kid, safety was an option we thought at the next level if corner didn't work out, but SEC lockdown guy we didn't see. NFL scouts see it though and he could push for that top cornerback spot in the draft with a big season.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766024

Reactions: 5 people
Cam to this point is one of the best lockdown corners I've seen wear the Orange and Whit. He is also one of the biggest gems we have ever recruited. I fully expect an All American year from him this season

Reactions: 1 person
Volnation, next year before the draft....

"Staying an extra year could help his draft stock!"(If he doesn't have an amazing year)

"Staying an extra year could help him develop!"(If he has an amazing year)

After this season he will be the top corner in the draft.. which will most definitely put him in the first round. He is not just a good corner.. he is a lockdown corner. NFL teams will be fighting and trading picks just to get him. Mark my words!

#GBO

If Sutton only manages to have a "good season", I think that still would be enough to get him drafted in the late first round of next years draft.

If Sutton only manages to have a "good season", I think that still would be enough to get him drafted in the late first round of next years draft.

I would hate to see Cam go in 2016 but can only wish the best for him. He lays it all out on every play; talented and tough kind of kid you want playing for your team. Would be ironic if he was described as a "lights out" corner by the draft media.

I think players should go their Junior year if they can get drafted in the first 3 rounds. There's just too much risk in football that can end their careers before they can make money. Just look at Marcus Lattimore.

I think players should go their Junior year if they can get drafted in the first 3 rounds. There's just too much risk in football that can end their careers before they can make money. Just look at Marcus Lattimore.

I detest the game chickens but was sad to see us hurt Lattimore so badly. So were our players. They prayed for him on the field. He was at least a once every 10 years back in the sec. Lost millions. Feel bad for the kid.

He is absolutely the best corner in the SEC!

I hope his combine numbers don't kill his 1st round chances.

He is absolutely the best corner in the SEC!

I hope his combine numbers don't kill his 1st round chances.

Interesting. And what type of numbers you think he'll post?

He is at least 4.5 40 and i
Don't know about strength but he looks strong.

His length and anticipation are what set him apart.

He'll test well i think, but Hargreaves has more talent. He probably goes before Cam.

Cam and Moseley were recruiting coups by the staff. I've seen mocks with Sutton as high as the #8 overall pick, and that wouldnt surprise me at all.

VN Store

Back