Dewayne Hendrix Headed To Pitt

VolnJC

Good luck to him

Two players previously attached to a move to Pittsburgh have officially been added to that ACC program’s roster.

Pitt announced Friday that first-year head coach Pat Narduzzi has added three players to his 2015 squad, including defensive end Dewayne Hendrix and defensive tackle Mark Scarpinato. The former is transferring in from Tennessee, the latter from Michigan State

Couldn't cut it as a vol! It's always playing time when you are starting over. Maybe he finds his niche! Go Vols.
:lolabove:

I thought he was going to be a stud for us. Doesn't sound like he wants the highest level of competition.

Sounds like he was so good in HS thay he didn't expect to have to work hard to be good in college.

Peterman going to play QB under Chaney and Hendrix going to play D line under Narduzi. They could have done much worse.

Sounds like he was so good in HS thay he didn't expect to have to work hard to be good in college.

That is the issue with some high school prima donnas. They figure everything will fall into their lap bc of what they did in high school.

when this kid is playing DT on TV I'm going to laugh my ASS off!

In every interview Stripling ever did he always said Hendrix was a defensive end and not a tackle. I can see why Hendrix couldn't accept the fact that DT was his future at UT.

The condescension in this thread is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but staying behind another true freshman on the depth chart all four years is not a smart career move. It's not about being "entitled" or "afraid of competition", it's about having a chance to actually start and get on-field experience in order to improve your NFL chances. There's a reason why so many top NFL draft prospects always come from smaller schools. If I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing.

Reactions: 4 people
The condescension in this thread is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but staying behind another true freshman on the depth chart all four years is not a smart career move. It's not about being "entitled" or "afraid of competition", it's about having a chance to actually start and get on-field experience in order to improve your NFL chances. There's a reason why so many top NFL draft prospects always come from smaller schools. If I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing.

If we was good enough for NFL he would have started during a UT career. I think it was those mean cussing coaches.

If the kid didn't like how Butch coaches, he has a right to go elsewhere. Not every kid is going to respond well to that type of coaching. Some people seem to hold a grudge against a kid they never met because he chose to leave UT, and those same people sound extremely butthurt about it. Good luck to him, just hate that it didn't work out at UT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

I completely see what you are saying here, but I'll play Devils advocate for just a minute. Hendrix would have been 2nd string this year (baring an injury to Maggitt or Barnett). But next year he could very well have been a starter opposite Barnett. He's going to have to sit out this year anyway for transferring, so why not stay, get some playing time, and then compete for a starting job in 2016?

Just a thought. I realize there are a lot of things that go into the decision, but if the only reason he is leaving is to be a starter I think he could have done just as well here. Either way, he has to do what is best for him.

VN Store

Back