Bowling Green's defense will tell us a lot

Volngeorgia

I looked at their web site and they only have 4 defensive starters returning.
Don't know how many in their DL.
Regardless, I'm really hoping to see our OL open some big running holes and protecting Dobbs in passing situations.

Many Vol fans are pointing to Oklahoma for us to learn the most about our team.
However, I'm going to be very worried about OU and the SEC if we don't at least hold our own with our OL against BGSU. I think we will, Vols 42 Falcons 10.

Geez, September can't get here soon enuf. Go Vols!

Reactions: 7 people
We won't show much against BG. This game won't tell us anything really.

Reactions: 26 people
If we're learning something from the BGSU game, UT is in trouble!

Beat the crap out of them and move on.

Reactions: 3 people
If we beat Bowling Green soundly with minimal effort and plain vanilla playcalling, that will build confidence. Wth Okla and the Gators coming up, I'm sure we'll be very conservative. It will be a good day if we see strong leadership, solid decision making, quality depth, maturity and no injuries.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sorry, I couldn't stop laughing at the thread title to read the rest of the posts. Lol

I went over to read the Bowling Green message board to see if they were going to fill the Montana/Cincy/NC St/WKU/Utah St/Arky St role of predicting that they'd pull an upset or "give us an eye-opening experience". One of their posters said they "might" be able to "surprise" us with their mobile QB and up-tempo offense. It concerned me for a second, then I remembered we weren't in 2013 anymore.

Reactions: 5 people
I was wondering when the panic threads would start.

5/17/15 will be a day etched in UT History. The day our fans were concerned about Bowling Green.

I went over to read the Bowling Green message board to see if they were going to fill the Montana/Cincy/NC St/WKU/Utah St/Arky St role of predicting that they'd pull an upset or "give us an eye-opening experience". One of their posters said they "might" be able to "surprise" us with their mobile QB and up-tempo offense. It concerned me for a second, then I remembered we weren't in 2013 anymore.

Here's how it'll go down:
"Mobile QB has scrambled to the outside and...SACKED! By Derek Barnett!"

VN Store

Back