Jones: Late In Spring Ball It Clicked For Shy

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
"I think they really benefited from the repetitions, they benefited from early enrollment," Jones said.

"And it's a transition, particularly up front, from style of play, to mentality, to conditioning, to the overall mental toughness and mental effort that it takes. I thought they both did a very good job. I thought they finished very, very strong.

"Shy Tuttle playing in the interior, he gained over 500 repetitions, and I thought by the end of spring he really started to get it. The great thing about Shy and about Andrew is they're extremely competitive, they're very intelligent and they need football. They love football. They're students of the game.

"I thought Andrew did some really good things in moving forward in the spring game, but obviously Andrew has to get much stronger, has to put some weight on to play in this conference, which he will. For Shy, it's continuing to redevelop his body and his strength levels."

Butch Jones says freshman Shy Tuttle 'started to get it' late in spring practice | Local News | Times Free Press

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Didn't we hear something about this previously? Or was the McKenzie?

Good news either way. Either Tuttle has been so dominant it needed to be mentioned twice or things are going well for both of our stud DT's.

Butch just put the rest of the world on notice about this young man. This is big because coaches in general are cautious to make statements like this.

Reactions: 3 people
Didn't we hear something about this previously? Or was the McKenzie?

Good news either way. Either Tuttle has been so dominant it needed to be mentioned twice or things are going well for both of our stud DT's.

I think the momentum thread may have been a different article but same context

Nobody has said it yet. I can hardly believe it.

Allow me...

Shy gets it.

Reactions: 8 people
I can't wait to watch this defense. That said, our offense wiil be good also.

How can you not be excited to see what we roll out this year. Hopefully Tuttle will have elevated his game to a sophomore level by fall. And Butcher is just
a madman. Love that kid.

Anybody heard anything about Khalil...who's he working out with, etc?

Best incoming DL line class in the country.

Best incoming freshman classes by position: Defense

We had Marques Ford committed as well. Imagine if we had been able to keep him.

Our LBs will have a field day if OCs double team Shy and K Mac . :yes:
And who's going to double team Barnett and Maggitt? Also, whose backups are as talented as all the rest of UT's D linemen, all who are chomping at the bit for PT. "Rinnnnng rinnnng!" Butch answers and then hollers out "NFL's calling, who wants it?" Butch barely escapes the stampede.
:gone:

And who's going to double team Barnett and Maggitt? Also, whose backups are as talented as all the rest of UT's D linemen, all who are chomping at the bit for PT. "Rinnnnng rinnnng!" Butch answers and then hollers out "NFL's calling, who wants it?" Butch barely escapes the stampede.
:gone:
KMac already has a quote out there about "you can't double team us all" These kids know the something Big has returned to the orange.

Reactions: 1 person
Oakland Raiders IMO

What's crazy @ this freak of nature is that he has a father who is a former NFL DL, manages an NFL team, and gives his boys access to all those facilities etc. Saw KM at the OW game. Kids calves are the size of a normal persons thighs. Scary really. Glad he's on our team.

Our D line dominance is the reason why we are going to drain the swamp and end the streak on the gators home turf!

Vols will WIN 27 to 17!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I think Darrell Taylor could be really special to! I heard he could be the best athlete in the class. I could see him being like OU's Stryker.

The good thing is that our D all around is going to be dominant for years to come. We have depth!

What's crazy @ this freak of nature is that he has a father who is a former NFL DL, manages an NFL team, and gives his boys access to all those facilities etc. Saw KM at the OW game. Kids calves are the size of a normal persons thighs. Scary really. Glad he's on our team.
I've watched him on YouTube run drills led by his father, with his "little" brother and another guy as well. KMac is trained, schooled, and routinely gets to the QB in 2.5 seconds. This young man will rise to every occasion, you want a kid to put a team on his back and lead them? That will be KMac, probably we've not seen this type kid with leadership like his since Al Wilson.

VN Store

Back