Jones: Vols have 'a lot of positive momentum'

kamoshika

Tennessee football coach Butch Jones and the rest of the coaches in the SEC East met with the media by teleconference Wednesday morning. Some highlights from Jones’s portion of the teleconference follow.

— Jones was asked if his players sense that the Vols’ program is “on the rise.”

“We do have a lot of positive momentum,” Jones said. “I think our players have fed off that. They’ve been extremely focused. I thought their capacity for work, their mental effort, their mental intensity, I thought they brought it each and every day. That’s what you want. You want the expectations because this is a very proud football program. We also understand we have a long, long ways to go in the development of our program.”

Butch Jones: Vols have 'a lot of positive momentum' - GoVolsXtra Story

Related piece:
Butch Jones says freshman Shy Tuttle 'started to get it' late in spring practice | Local News | Times Free Press

Reactions: 3 people
Awesome post! Man Tuttle & Mosley sure dont look like freshman. Cant wait to see McKenzie and all these young guys in a couple of years. If these guys young men live up to the hype and stay injury free this group certainly could be a program changer.

Reactions: 1 person
Awesome post! Man Tuttle & Mosley sure dont look like freshman. Cant wait to see McKenzie and all these young guys in a couple of years. If these guys young men live up to the hype and stay injury free this group certainly could be a program changer.

Mosley isn't a freshman, but I agree, they're huge

Mosley isn't a freshman, but I agree, they're huge

You are correct that he is not a true freshman this upcoming season ... and yet, he is listed as a red-shirt freshman, assuming they go the intentional red-shirt route; or he would now be a sophomore and then get a medical redshirt year tacked on at the end, which would certainly be justifiable given the severity of his injury last year. Either way, it's his first year playing and he has 4 left. :loco: :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
You are correct that he is not a true freshman this upcoming season ... and yet, he is listed as a red-shirt freshman, assuming they go the intentional red-shirt route; or he would now be a sophomore and then get a medical redshirt year tacked on at the end, which would certainly be justifiable given the severity of his injury last year. Either way, it's his first year playing and he has 4 left. :loco: :rock:

Yup..he's a freshman!

don't kid yourself, all of this positive vibe on Tuttle is making McKenzie chomp at the bit to get in there and show everyone what HE has to offer which is awesome for us.....

Reactions: 2 people
"we have a long, long ways to go in the development of our program.”

Coach-speak for 'Won't be easy. We'll have 12, long, long, in and out of conference, hard-fought games, to get to Atlanta -- that is this Team's goal, to get to Atlanta. This is a long state, and it's a equally long season. But what a great schedule for Team and Volnation alike. Each game will be a journey of character-building. We are family at Tennessee, we have a General and his spirit is still here. This is a family-based program -- I have their back, they have mine, he has his. Sure, We'll make a few mistakes, but If I may be vague for just one moment here -- our goal is to get to Atlanta. WE ARE TENNESSEE.'

VN Store

Back