Who will/should redshirt in 2015?

skasper06

Honestly, as much as I can't wait to see Preston Williams play, I wouldn't hate to see him redshirt to recover 100% from that acl unless he really comes in and rehabs like a beast.

Also on my list of potential redshirt candidates would be:

Jauan Jennings
Chance Hall
Andrew Butcher
Quay Picou
Zach Stewart
Darrell Taylor
Darrell Miller

Your predictions?

Jauan Jennings (QB) Micah Abernathy (DB), Quay Picou (DT) Quart'e Sapp (LB), Venzell Boulware (OL), Zach Stewart (OL), Sheriron Jones (QB), John Kelly (RB), Vincent Perry (RB), Riley Lovingood (LS), Eli Wolf (TE), Jocquez Bruce (WR). Jancek's kid,

Reactions: 2 people
I'm looking forward to seeing if some of the new players arriving in the summer can demand playing time come fall.....surprises like Barnett, can be game changers

Jauan Jennings (QB) Micah Abernathy (DB), Quay Picou (DT) Quart'e Sapp (LB), Venzell Boulware (OL), Zach Stewart (OL), Sheriron Jones (QB), John Kelly (RB), Vincent Perry (RB), Riley Lovingood (LS), Eli Wolf (TE), Jocquez Bruce (WR). Jancek's kid,

Barring injury there's no chance Kelly redshirts imo

Reactions: 6 people

I think some of them like Zac Jancek are obvious. I definitely don't see Kelly redshirting. He will literally be our best option after Kamara and Hurd. For perspective I believe we played 6 total backs last season (Hurd, Lane, Young, Scott, Summerhill, and Pickett). And guys like Quart'e Sapp and Micah Abernathy will be prime special teams guys. Don't see them redshirting either...but who knows!

Honestly, as much as I can't wait to see Preston Williams play, I wouldn't hate to see him redshirt to recover 100% from that acl unless he really comes in and rehabs like a beast.

Also on my list of potential redshirt candidates would be:

Jauan Jennings
Chance Hall
Andrew Butcher
Quay Picou
Zach Stewart
Darrell Taylor
Darrell Miller

Your predictions?

Preston Williams won't let the coaches redshirt him without a fight

no chance. one of these 2 will win the RT spot and be the Jashon Robertson of this class.

With Pearson gone there is no way Preston Williams redshirts unless he physically isn't ready because of his knee.

no chance. one of these 2 will win the RT spot and be the Jashon Robertson of this class.

If either one of those two are starting at RT next year we are going to be in big trouble. No offense to them just the truth. Personally don't see Stewart ever playing tackle in college.

Jakob Johnson should also be considered. He's coming off an injury plus he needs time to learn the game and develop. It would give him a jump start for 2016.

No way Coleman Thomas redshirts this year unless there is an injury. He will contribute at both center and OT. Just because he struggled in a new position as a freshman, doesn't lessen the fact that he is a talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'm looking forward to seeing if some of the new players arriving in the summer can demand playing time come fall.....surprises like Barnett, can be game changers

At one time, when we on VN had him converting to DT, was he a RS candidate? With us not in real life. :question:

Barring injury there's no chance Kelly redshirts imo

Agree! With RB depth so low, I don't think they can afford to do this. Depending on the RB health situation, Perry might be called into service though I'm sure they would redshirt him if he's not needed.

All 3 freshman QBs. Don't know if I'm concerned outside of that

Don't think so, at least one is going to have to play the garbage time in some of our wins to reduce risk of Dobbs injury, and gain experience in case he does go down during the season.

VN Store

Back