So who are the top recruits yet to arrive??

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Kahlil, obviously, and Richmond and Phillips, but who are some of the others???

Micah Abernathy (DB), Justin Martin (DB), Kahlil MacKenzie (DT), Quay Picou (DT), Quart'e Sapp (LB), Venzell Boulware (OL), Drew Richmond (OL), Zach Stewart (OL), Sheriron Jones (QB), John Kelly (RB), Vincent Perry (RB), Riley Lovingood (LS), Tommy Townsend (P), Eli Wolf (TE), Preston Williams (WR), Jocquez Bruce (WR). Those are the most likely 2015 contributors, though some will probably redshirt. Oh, and Coach Jancek's kid, Zac (QB), is coming too!

Reactions: 4 people
Micah Abernathy (DB), Justin Martin (DB), Kahlil MacKenzie (DT), Quay Picou (DT), Quart'e Sapp (LB), Venzell Boulware (OL), Drew Richmond (OL), Zach Stewart (OL), Sheriron Jones (QB), John Kelly (RB), Vincent Perry (RB), Riley Lovingood (LS), Tommy Townsend (P), Eli Wolf (TE), Preston Williams (WR), Jocquez Bruce (WR). Those are the most likely 2015 contributors, though some will probably redshirt. Oh, and Coach Jancek's kid, Zac (QB), is coming too!

This is what I was looking for, thanks VFL! :hi:
Need Williams and Jones to come ready to contribute.

Micah Abernathy (DB), Justin Martin (DB), Kahlil MacKenzie (DT), Quay Picou (DT), Quart'e Sapp (LB), Venzell Boulware (OL), Drew Richmond (OL), Zach Stewart (OL), Sheriron Jones (QB), John Kelly (RB), Vincent Perry (RB), Riley Lovingood (LS), Tommy Townsend (P), Eli Wolf (TE), Preston Williams (WR), Jocquez Bruce (WR). Oh, and Coach Jancek's kid, Zac (QB)
the additional bodies at RB QB WR and TE are sorely needed. Just from the standpoint of bodies for practice. At least one of the of RB's has to be able to contribute a few quality snaps a game. Honestly everyone else is gravy.

best possible case is that guys that were here in the spring develop enough in the fall that we get to redshirt some linemen. Richmond, Picou, Boulware, Stewart etc

Reactions: 1 person

And of course we cannot leave out our new KOR and backup slot receiver Ralph David Abernathy IV...can't wait to see him take a KO to the house...he will be one of the fastest Vols on the roster and his stats at UC speak for themselves...2,400 KO yrds with a 25 yrd avg return and one 90 y KO return for a TD...5-8, 170 and fast...:rock:

Reactions: 3 people

Kyle Oliver (TE)

Kahlil, obviously, and Richmond and Phillips, but who are some of the others???

Phillips was an EE, been here since Jan.

Besides Kahlil, Drew and PWill, Justin Martin, Darrell Miller, Micah Abernathy, Quarte Sapp, Darrell Taylor, Quay Picou, Sheriron Jones, Venzell Boulware, John Kelly, Kyle Oliver, Austin Smith, Tommy Townsend, Joc Bruce, Zach Stewart and Vincent Perry arrive this summer. As for who are the top recruits, who knows? I certainly didn't think Barnett was gonna be the best last year summer enrollee last year, that's for sure.

MacKensie and Richmond are no-brainers. The really key ones who need to make an immediate impact are Kelly (RB), Martin (CB), Townsend (P), and Williams (WR). Of course, Williams' knee could affect the timing of his impact. Bruce and Perry could also be important in the mix, especially Perry at RB. I looking for Kelly to be the first to have an impact. RB is really thin going into the summer.

Your post is like being a kid again on Christmas. The O & W game was the morning when we tore into presents and stockings. Your post is like going to grandma's house where aunts uncles and cousins have even more presents to open.

Reactions: 3 people

Don't forget about Darrell Taylor (DE)

Reactions: 2 people
Your post is like being a kid again on Christmas. The O & W game was the morning when we tore into presents and stockings. Your post is like going to grandma's house where aunts uncles and cousins have even more presents to open.

Hah, yeah, I agree ... was grinning like the Cheshire Cat the whole time I was putting the list together. :)

Kyle Oliver (TE)

Don't forget about Darrell Taylor (DE)

Yeah, my post wasn't a complete listing of incoming freshmen. Just the ones I thought had the greatest chance of contributing in 2015. I think Oliver and Taylor will probably redshirt in 2015. Good dudes, but we're pretty deep at both those positions.

p.s. Laszlo Toser (kicker) is another, same thing. Darrell Miller (DB), too. And so on.

Yeah, my post wasn't a complete listing of incoming freshmen. Just the ones I thought had the greatest chance of contributing in 2015. I think Oliver and Taylor will probably redshirt in 2015. Good dudes, but we're pretty deep at both those positions.

p.s. Laszlo Toser (kicker) is another, same thing. Darrell Miller (DB), too. And so on.

I got ya man, i just think in the comming years Taylor is gonna be a BEAST!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
MacKensie and Richmond are no-brainers. The really key ones who need to make an immediate impact are Kelly (RB), Martin (CB), Townsend (P), and Williams (WR). Of course, Williams' knee could affect the timing of his impact. Bruce and Perry could also be important in the mix, especially Perry at RB. I looking for Kelly to be the first to have an impact. RB is really thin going into the summer.

Who is this MacKensie guy you speak of? He sounds like he must be pretty good.

And of course we cannot leave out our new KOR and backup slot receiver Ralph David Abernathy IV...can't wait to see him take a KO to the house...he will be one of the fastest Vols on the roster and his stats at UC speak for themselves...2,400 KO yrds with a 25 yrd avg return and one 90 y KO return for a TD...5-8, 170 and fast...:rock:

Abernathy's best year returning kicks occurred before the rule change moving kickoffs up to the 35. In 2013 Abernathy only averaged 21.9 yards per return which is almost 8 yards per return less than what Evan Berry averaged last year. Plus there is an obvious difference in the competition each one faced. Evan Berry will remain our primary return man. Abernathy will make a bigger impact at slot receiver imo.

Everyone on this board should be excited about Justin Martin. Same size and speed as Cam, also doubles as a return man like Cam.

The possibility of having 2 Cam Suttons on the field should strike fear into the hearts of any offense.

Everyone on this board should be excited about Justin Martin. Same size and speed as Cam, also doubles as a return man like Cam.

The possibility of having 2 Cam Suttons on the field should strike fear into the hearts of any offense.

Martin is actually faster then Cam. Cam makes up for not having elite speed with near flawless technique. JM may help on kickoff returns but I doubt he will be returning punts.

I agree!

VN Store

Back