McKenzie VS. Bayless

Cosmo

Thought this was too funny not to post! Kahlil to Skip Bayless:

You going to Vandy doesn’t make it an excuse for your terrible sportscasting but it sure helps https://t.co/AxrumZlhfn

— Kahlil McKenzie Jr (@KM1_Era) May 10, 2015

Reactions: 41 people
I'm not sure Butch will appreciate McKenzie tweeting stuff like that. I'm sure it was in good fun and in a joking matter, but not everyone will see it that way. McKenzie is very vocal, that's for sure. Sounds like a future team leader/captain in the making. He will definitely command respect from day 1 when he starts practicing with the team. I fully expect him to start the majority of the season.

Reactions: 6 people
There was a time when if a high school kid said something like that to or about an adult in public, his parents would be embarrassed and the kid would apologize in less than 24 hours. I wish we were still in that time.

Reactions: 7 people
There was a time when if a high school kid said something like that to or about an adult in public, his parents would be embarrassed and the kid would apologize in less than 24 hours. I wish we were still in that time.

Ain't that the truth. Once McKenzie gets to the Hill and becomes a star, I hope Butch will be able to keep him under control. I'm afraid he may be a lot to handle and we will see a lot more of this kind of stuff out of him.

Reactions: 1 person
Just when I think I can't like KM any more than I do, he makes this epic tweet to Skip Brainless! :eek:lol::eek:lol: :rock::rock:

KM can't get here soon enough!!! :good!:

Reactions: 10 people

I agree, but I did laugh.

Agree.

I'd laugh if Butch tweeted a pic of the steps at Neyland to McKenzie...with a #waitingforyou!

Reactions: 3 people

Bayless is an azz that deserves no respect from anyone. I get compliments on my 3, now young adult, childrens maturity and respectful behaviour, all the time. I get what you are saying, but I also taught them that idiots that are complete buttholes like that jerk, deserve no respect from anyone...regardless of age.

Reactions: 9 people

There was a time when there was no such thing as twitter or the internet... .We live in an altogether brave new world, for better or worse.

Reactions: 2 people
Bayless is an azz that deserves no respect from anyone. I get compliments on my 3, now young adult, childrens maturity and respectful behaviour, all the time. I get what you are saying, but I also taught them that idiots that are complete buttholes like that jerk, deserve no respect from anyone...regardless of age.

If Bayless is an obvious jerk and idiot, then why was it necessary for KMac to point it out? It was self-serving and only brought attention to KMac's immaturity, not Bayless' idiocy.

And there was a time that sports casters wouldn't insult the best active NBA player after making a game winning shot in the playoffs. I wish we were still in that time too. Btw, respect is earned, not given due to age.

Reactions: 8 people

There was a time when there were still some respectable journalism...Skip Bailess doesn't fall in that group either...even though he is old enough to be a part of that group of respectable journalist.

No doubt this young man is extroverted. And while I can see how older people regard younger people as not being as respectful to their elders as they once were, and I happen to be one of them, I have no problem with a person in the public domain speaking to another person in the public domain as long as it is not profane or hurtful. For the great majority of us, the same tweet to Skip Bayless would go unnoticed. I supect KMac knows he is setting a bar for himself with Bayless which I am sure will be remembered.

And perhaps one day, KMac will overstep his boundary but I don't think this is it. I enjoyed his comment myself. I can tell he doesn't miss much and you can expect a witty retort. He likely will be targeted by a lot of trash talking SEC opponents trying to get into his head. It will be interesting to watch how he reacts. I'm thinking he can more than hold his own.

Perhaps some are worried that his witticisms may cause unnecessary bulletin board material for opponents in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if his parents haven't already talked to him about how to bridle his enthusiasm and likely his coaches as well. Seems to me, I remember back in Peyton Manning's freshman year, he came out into the huddle and began taking charge and got some pushback from the seniors that he said he learned from. It remains to be seen how quickly this young man becomes a leader. I bet "can't do" is not in his vocabulary.

And if he does what many of us thinks he will do, we will become a team leader much sooner than later. Ought to be exciting with him around!

GBO!!

If Bayless is an obvious jerk and idiot, then why was it necessary for KMac to point it out? It was self-serving and only brought attention to KMac's immaturity, not Bayless' idiocy.

That is just your opinion...and as usual it is assbackwards. This is just a guess, but I bet if you did some digging you would find out ol skip probably has dogged out Khalils dad.

I don't. Showing someone respect just because they're older than you is such a ridiculous idea. It takes respect to get respect, and I don't think Skip Bayless knows what showing respect feels like.

This is skip's shtick. If he doesnt get hate mail, he's irrelevant.

And there was a time that sports casters wouldn't insult the best active NBA player after making a game winning shot in the playoffs. I wish we were still in that time too. Btw, respect is earned, not given due to age.

I wonder what KMac will tweet out about his coaches the first time he's benched and doesn't like it? Maybe we should re-visit this thread when that time comes.

Reactions: 2 people
Kid tweeted something to a Vandy graduate. It was funny. Why is there a philosophical debate? It wasn't disrespectful. It was a jab in jest. Chill folks.

VN Store

Back