Peyton V Brady (post-Wells report)

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
The NFL suspended Tom Brady for the first four games of the 2015 season today after having the chance to digest the Wells report.

ESPN is having a field day with this story and Brady's legacy is already being questioned.

My question is this.. do you think PM will now be remembered as the better QB by the masses years down the road now that TB has been busted for cheating?

FWIW, I think so. Nobody will remember Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire as being better hitters than the Babe or Mickey Mantle.

IMO PM > TB. Now, hopefully, the rest of the world and history will agree!

Reactions: 3 people
PM needs to win the super bowl and then retire.

5 MVP's, 3 Super Bowl appearances, 2 wins.

No cheating.

The G.O.A.T

Reactions: 9 people
Is it really that big of a deal? I think the rule is stupid.

U bring your footballs the way u want them, we bring our footballs the way we want them.. That's how it should be imo.

Reactions: 5 people
The NFL suspended Tom Brady for the first four games of the 2015 season today after having the chance to digest the Wells report.

ESPN is having a field day with this story and Brady's legacy is already being questioned.

My question is this.. do you think PM will now be remembered as the better QB by the masses years down the road now that TB has been busted for cheating?

FWIW, I think so. Nobody will remember Barry Bonds or Mark McGuire as being better hitters than the Babe or Mickey Mantle.

IMO PM > TB. Now, hopefully, the rest of the world and history will agree!

No, and there's not a single shred of evidence of any "cheating." God I hate that word!

None of you have actually read the report, you have drawn your own predetermined conclusions based
on bias. No rational person could actually read that report in context and come to the conclusions
the league has, which was cast in concrete when this whole witch-hunt began.

Reactions: 1 person
Brady will appeal and win, but it will stick to him for the rest of his career. Peyton will be beloved forever because he is just a damn good all around guy. Where was he when asked about the Brady suspension? At a benefit for kids in Indy. Sure Brady's won more SBs, but I'd rather sit down and bs with Peyton Manning any day of the week.

Reactions: 4 people

U bring your footballs the way u want them, we bring our footballs the way we want them.. That's how it should be imo.

Exactly, its the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And if the league was so concerned about "protecting the
integrity of the game" then they never would have set out on this ridiculous sting operation to begin with.

I hope the owners take a good hard objective look at what Goodell has done here and take appropriate
action, and that would be to fire his butt ASAP! He is destroying the league with all his ultra-punitive
and Draconian sanctions. And I for one am sick of it.

No, and there's not a single shred of evidence of any "cheating." God I hate that word!

None of you have actually read the report, you have drawn your own predetermined conclusions based
on bias. No rational person could actually read that report in context and come to the conclusions

It's basic physics man. You deflate a ball and it's easier to throw and catch, especially in rain. Did they need to cheat in that game, no, but they chose to anyway and got caught. Tom Brady was an active participant in cheating.

Regardless of what you THINK the rule should have been regarding the footballs the NFL rule is what it is and they broke it. Tom Brady is a cheater. He's just as guilty as a MLB player dosing. He should have gotten more than just a 4 game suspension.

You keep on worshiping your cheater though!

Peyton has far more integrity and is far more of a man than Tom Brady will ever hope to be.

Reactions: 31 people
It's basic physics man. You deflate a ball and it's easier to throw and catch, especially in rain. Did they need to cheat in that game, no, but they chose to anyway and got caught. Tom Brady was an active participant in cheating.

Regardless of what you THINK the rule should have been regarding the footballs the NFL rule is what it is and they broke it. Tom Brady is a cheater. He's just as guilty as a MLB player dosing. He should have gotten more than just a 4 game suspension.

Peyton has far more integrity and is far more of a man than Tom Brady will ever hope to be.

Right on.

Reactions: 3 people

Lol right... Brady could've thrown watermelons and beat the colts. And who is to say manning hasn't done something like this? I wouldn't care if he did. I'm more pissed at that being a rule.. It's ridiculous.

I'm as big of a manning fan as anyone but your last sentence is so ridiculous unless u are close to both of them on a personal level.

I promise u that Peyton is human too.

Last edited:
Lol right... Brady could've thrown watermelons and beat the colts. And who is to say manning hasn't done something like this? I wouldn't care if he did. I'm more pissed at that being a rule.. It's ridiculous.

I'm as big of a manning fan as anyone but your last sentence is so ridiculous unless u are close to both of them on a personal level.

I promise u that Peyton is human too.

Manning wouldn't knowingly do that, and I'd bet money he'd be pissed if he found out about it.

It's a rule regardless of your feelings and it was broken.

Of course he's human, but he's definitely not a cheater like Brady.

Reactions: 4 people

Waahhhhh! Basic physics are being totally ignored here. BTW, are you a physics professor>? :eek:lol:

McGwire* and I would pray nobody would ever consider a .260 hitter among the greats. Barry on the other hand...

Brady will appeal and win, but it will stick to him for the rest of his career. Peyton will be beloved forever because he is just a damn good all around guy. Where was he when asked about the Brady suspension? At a benefit for kids in Indy. Sure Brady's won more SBs, but I'd rather sit down and bs with Peyton Manning any day of the week.

The GOAT QB? It's in your screen name.

Yes. It is a big deal. I don't like the targeting rule in college football, but it is a rule. If you break the rule, you get ejected.

Brady broke the rules. He gets suspended. It's the way the world works. And for you to be pissed that he's being punished for knowingly breaking the rules is ridiculous.

Plus, TB is a rival of PM and as a Vol, you should be happy Brady's legacy is tainted. If not, you're no VFL. Period.

Reactions: 7 people
Manning wouldn't knowingly do that, and I'd bet money he'd be pissed if he found out about it.

It's a rule regardless of your feelings and it was broken.

Of course he's human, but he's definitely not a cheater like Brady.

How the hell do u know???

Yes. It is a big deal. I don't like the targeting rule in college football, but it is a rule. If you break the rule, you get ejected.

Brady broke the rules. He gets suspended. It's the way the world works. And for you to be pissed that he's being punished for knowingly breaking the rules is ridiculous.

Plus, TB is a rival of PM and as a Vol, you should be happy Brady's legacy is tainted. If not, you're no VFL. Period.

You're an idiot if u think Brady is the only QB doing this.

I'm glad he was suspended.. My problem is with the rule.

There are so many contradictions in 4 sentences, I don't know where to start.

Reactions: 2 people
The fact is that it is a rule. A rule which was knowingly violated. Saying that there is no evidence Brady knew is intellectually dishonest. He advocated for allowing lower air pressures. He lost that battle. He refused to cooperate in any way with investigation and he is the one who would benefit from deflation.

This isn't a criminal investigation, so spare me the reasonable doubt crap. He left these two stadium employees hanging out to dry. If he had any integrity he would own this and try to get these guys their jobs back.

BTW, he will be remembered as a better qb than manning.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back