Arkansas game

illvol

Eternal optimist
I'm from Illinois (attended UT 97-2000) and my wife has never been to a game. It will be our 10th anniversary October 8th and she wants to come to a game and gonzo the Biltmore. We are going to rent a cabin in Gatlinburg for the weekend but my question (not having done this in over a decade) is what would be the best way to get tickets for the game? Something like stubhub? Buying from the website? On the street on game day? Suggestions?

I'm from Illinois (attended UT 97-2000) and my wife has never been to a game. It will be our 10th anniversary October 8th and she wants to come to a game and gonzo the Biltmore. We are going to rent a cabin in Gatlinburg for the weekend but my question (not having done this in over a decade) is what would be the best way to get tickets for the game? Something like stubhub? Buying from the website? On the street on game day? Suggestions?
never street on game day. Way over priced. I always look around. I go to the school site, stub hub, and ticketmaster, as well as others to compare. Also if u want to make sure u have a good seat u can look up a panorama of the stadium on Google. I can't remember the site but the panoramas tend to be spot on as to what u see when ur at the game.

People are going to tell you to scalp but I've never liked the idea.

Last year everyone told me to scalp the Utah State game, I bought in advance instead. Those that told me to scalp didn't make it into the game. They said there were 5 buyers to every 1 seller on the streets.

You're traveling a long way. Play it safe, buy them on UTTix.com, pick your seats, and get the most out of Neyland.

Reactions: 1 person
People are going to tell you to scalp but I've never liked the idea.

Last year everyone told me to scalp the Utah State game, I bought in advance instead. Those that told me to scalp didn't make it into the game. They said there were 5 buyers to every 1 seller on the streets.

You're traveling a long way. Play it safe, buy them on UTTix.com, pick your seats, and get the most out of Neyland.

Great info. Thanks. One more question. I just went to UTTix.com and all I see they are offering right now are season tickets. I went to stubhub and they have all kinds of single game tix. Am I missing something? When will single game tickets go on sale on the UT site?

Thanks again.

Great info. Thanks. One more question. I just went to UTTix.com and all I see they are offering right now are season tickets. I went to stubhub and they have all kinds of single game tix. Am I missing something? When will single game tickets go on sale on the UT site?

Thanks again.

Oh yeah I guess that was a minor detail to leave out haha. You can't buy tickets yet unless you find them on a resale site (such as stubhub). The main tickets office (UTTix) won't start offering tickets until mid-July or so. If you find a sweet deal on Stubhub this early by all means go for it, but you will probably get a better deal if you wait.

How are you a UT grad, married for 10 years and never brought your wife to a game. But yeah play it safe and order in advance. The excitement around this season will boost ticket prices on the strip.

Reactions: 2 people

Be careful about "gonzoing" at the Biltmore! I know it's your anniversary and all, but try not to get caught. :)

Congrats on the 10 years...and have a great trip. :good!:

Last edited:
Be careful about "gonzoing" at the Biltmore! I know it's your anniversary and all, but try not to get caught. :)

Congrats on the 10 years...and have a great trip. :good!:

Maybe he should consider "gonzoing" in a skybox at Neyland...I hear its the thing to do.

What ever you do buy the tixs before the Oklahoma game if we win that game the Arkansas game tickets will cost double what they would have.

Your wife is in for a treat! Make sure you get to campus early on game day so she can soak it all in! I'd get tkts before hand too. Stubhub is UTs 2ndary tkt market so they should be reliable. GO VOLS!!!

How are you a UT grad, married for 10 years and never brought your wife to a game. But yeah play it safe and order in advance. The excitement around this season will boost ticket prices on the strip.

To be fair, the last 10 years of Tennessee football has been rather disgusting.

I agree with what everyone else has said. I've never scalped tickets before. I especially wouldn't do it in this situation since you are traveling down for an anniversary celebration. I would probably watch Stubhub and the ticket forum until July and if I hadn't found any deals by then, I'd buy them from the ticket office.

I have probably been to more games with scalped tickets than not. I have almost always made out cheaper and in some instances made money. Well, that was also before this new thing called the internet.

However, I was not traveling 1,000 of miles and had a place to go if I could not get a ticket. With a wife in tow then definitely find descent seats at a price you are comfortable with and enjoy. Welcome back!

Btw, I found a descent deal on Ebay last year. Just another idea

This is the game I am most interested in this season. Both teams are virtually on the same path and could easily see both turning into Top 15 mainstays for the foreseeable future.

Thanks so much for the responses, great info, and well wishes. To answer a few questions, the timing works better for the Arkansas game as opposed to the Georgia game and I would go to every game if I could but it's hard with children and work schedules. I've been back to a few games since I left but she just hasn't been able to. Going to a game was actually her idea, so, yeah, I got a good one.
I'll definitely take your advice and hope I can bump into a few of you on game day! Thanks again.

We have more talent every where except O line and running back is equal although prolly less depth. We win by at least 17. The one big advantage they have(Oline) will be cancelled out by a top 3 defensive line in the country. I wouldn't sweat it.

i tend to disagree with most posters on here. i have been a season ticket holder since the 80's. And the last 6 years you couldn't Give tickets away hardly. I have 4 together with the stadium seats, and I have not been able to get even my investment back on tickets or even worse, face value. I go to nearly all games, and invariably have a couple extra....but it has certainly been a BUYER's market recently. Now, maybe this year will be different, with expectations and hopefully results ramping up....but Game Day is usually cheaper.

VN Store

Back