Jordan Williams "best coached player" at Jets minicamp

VOLywood

Jordan Williams "Best Coached Player" At Jets Mini Camp

Former Tennessee Volunteers defensive lineman Jordan Williams was apparently the best coached player at Jets mini camp this past weekend, a testament to Butch Jones and his staff.

The fact that Williams stood out at mini camp as a well coached player, should tell you all you need to know about Jones and the staff on Rocky Top.

There are some former Vols (prior to the Butch Jones era) that haven’t found success in the NFL due to their lack of coaching in college. Jordan Williams is an example of a player that probably shouldn’t find success in the NFL, but might have a chance because of the coaching he received in college.

SIAP, but I thought that was a GREAT shout out to our coaches! Glad to have CBJ and the "best coaching staff in America". :)

Reactions: 79 people
Sounds like he will have a shot on the practice team if he fails to make the 53 man roster.

I hope the NFL doesn't start looking at Stripling as a coach. I would hate to lose him.

This publicity can only help Jones on the recruiting trail.

I hope the NFL doesn't start looking at Stripling as a coach. I would hate to lose him.

This publicity can only help Jones on the recruiting trail.

He could have been coaching in the pros for a long time...he's not a recent story. He also could have been a HC. Guy likes to teach...he's happy.

Reactions: 3 people
Kudos to Coach Steve Stripling.

Butch said after he was hired that he considered Stripling the best defensive line coach in America.

After the improvement that was made on the defensive line from season 1 to season 2, I am starting to see his point.

I am hopeful that with the improvement in recruiting that they can make similar strides along the defensive front again this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm reminded of Jesse Mahelona. When he arrived at Titans camp, he said he learned more technique in his first rookie week, than his entire time at UT.

Glad times have changed.

Can you imagine once he gets his hands on KMac?

giddy-gif.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back