1 of 119 fan scavenger hunt

skasper06

So, I had no idea this was going on until today, but apparently the genius minds within the Vols football marketing team are doing this thing called 1 of 119. They are leaving boxes around Campus, the city of Knoxville, and the whole state filled with goodies like official Nike team shirts, 2 tickets to a game, discounts off team gear and more. Check it out on Twitter. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for one of these things. It's like geocaching for Vols stuff...CBJ is freakin awesome. I haven't heard of any other school doing this.

Check it out @1of119 on twitter.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but they're leaving boxes around the city of Knoxville and state of Tennessee ... as in, packages left sitting abandoned. Doesn't sound genius to me, but maybe I'm too paranoid.

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but they're leaving boxes around the city of Knoxville and state of Tennessee ... as in, packages left sitting abandoned. Doesn't sound genius to me, but maybe I'm too paranoid.

Ha yeah, hope they didn't choose the airport for one of the locations.

Reactions: 1 person

Ain't nothing like getting to work at 4am to find a package by the door.lol(I think)

I remember hearing a story about some guys who found a suitcase on the side of the interstate. It had a live bobcat in it.

Reactions: 3 people
They aren't just leaving them unmarked in dark alleyways or without help. It looks like they have people there to sort of lead you to find it and document it on twitter, with video, etc.

I don't twitter, tweeter, or any of that, but, as a veteran and a civilian currently working for the Department of Defense, I think it would be nice if they could somehow make these packages available to the many Vol fans serving with the military at bases across the world. I've met a lot of Big Orange supporters currently serving with our military. Most of them will be nowhere near Knoxville prior to the start of the season.

Wait I thought Nike didnt start til July 1st - I also wouldnt trust a twittering twit

Looks like the first box had some nice stuff. Is this the first look at an official Nike/UT shirt?

CElPs0sWAAAqdWQ.jpg:large

seems like an awfully large box for 3 printed cards and a t-shirt. Maybe there's more inside that they're not giving away....

VN Store

Back