Espn: TN & BAMA equal shot at SEC

Wow. We are getting A TON of positive press this offseason. It's been such a long time, I don't know what to do.

dff37c9c0ac5a9ca9913abdb6174bbc969f004bcd9f38b0d12ee39cdb6d9cb07.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 people
I'm not going to read that but I can tell you alasalami is having a qb crises right now and Satan is in panic mode.

Reactions: 1 person
Also SIAP, and yes they Love Us now.

Too late.

They can't dump on us for 20 years, cost Peyton the Heisman, and expect to be welcomed back. Butch and company should relegate ESPN to the near-bottom of the interview priority list, one notch below Vandy's student newspaper and one notch ahead of John Adams.

Reactions: 26 people
And if they don't then coach Butch will get turned on by the legions of idiots who read that stuff.

Reactions: 3 people
Too late.

They can't dump on us for 20 years, cost Peyton the Heisman, and expect to be welcomed back. Butch and company should relegate ESPN to the near-bottom of the interview priority list, one notch below Vandy's student newspaper and one notch ahead of John Adams.

May this place never change.

Reactions: 9 people
Crazy talk?..................Maybe not.:popcorn:

Yep. This is about right. If the stars align to keep us relatively healthy and our Oline performs at an above average rate we could shock people. Those are a couple of pretty big ifs though based on last year and recent history. I do worry about people bailing on CBJ if we finish with 8 regular season wins which is a more reasonable expectation. This hype is one summer early I think.

But it is definitely possible.

Too late.

This is a quality post, for so many reasons! :good!::rock: :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
Yep. This is about right. If the stars align to keep us relatively healthy and our Oline performs at an above average rate we could shock people. Those are a couple of pretty big ifs though based on last year and recent history. I do worry about people bailing on CBJ if we finish with 8 regular season wins which is a more reasonable expectation. This hype is one summer early I think.

But it is definitely possible.

I am with you, i think 16 is when we win the SEC, but 9 and 3 and a shot at the East could happen if the OL plays a lot better than last year. if this team could just go 9 and 3 and win the bowl, think about the hype next year.:number1:

Wow. We are getting A TON of positive press this offseason. It's been such a long time, I don't know what to do.

dff37c9c0ac5a9ca9913abdb6174bbc969f004bcd9f38b0d12ee39cdb6d9cb07.jpg

AH maybe this means the days of seeing other teams star player highlights on TV with UT players in the background are over!

Reactions: 2 people
And if they don't then coach Butch will get turned on by the legions of idiots who read that stuff.

Ya Tennessee shouldn't sniff 9-10 wins with out 10-15 more top 5 classes. Butch should get a pass until then.

Hope it's true but Bama didnt have a QB last year during spring game then old Kiffey coached him one up. They ended up within sniffing distance of another NC. They have talented athletes that only lack experience so I wouldnt count them out yet. I'm sure by the time they play us,they'll be firing on all cylinders(or maybe not). Remember that we will be only one injured QB away from playing a true freshman. GBO

Just today I have seen those affiliated with ESPN make fair cases for arky in the west, GA and even Mizzou for the east. I'll explain the case for Mizzou because it probably needs to be. Basically that even though they are losing talent, coaching up what hasn't been seen as real talent previously, is exactly what Pinkel does. That's actually fair. Doesn't really matter if any of us believe they will win, just that there are those that do.

While I wouldn't be in complete shock if UT hit some of the loftier expectations, I'm not going to bet the farm just yet. But one thing I know for certain, it sure is nice to be in the mix of contenders instead of not even mentioned like Ky and Vandy (or us for the last several years).

Just today I have seen those affiliated with ESPN make fair cases for arky in the west, GA and even Mizzou for the east. I'll explain the case for Mizzou because it probably needs to be. Basically that even though they are losing talent, coaching up what hasn't been seen as real talent previously, is exactly what Pinkel does. That's actually fair. Doesn't really matter if any of us believe they will win, just that there are those that do.

While I wouldn't be in complete shock if UT hit some of the loftier expectations, I'm not going to bet the farm just yet. But one thing I know for certain, it sure is nice to be in the mix of contenders instead of not even mentioned like Ky and Vandy (or us for the last several years).

I still think Mizzou is garbage. They always seem to play teams that are injured.

I still think Mizzou is garbage. They always seem to play teams that are injured.

Yeah, it wasn't my argument but they also pointed out " sometimes it's better to be lucky than good". Not sure how everything keeps going their way but it does.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, it wasn't my argument but they also pointed out " sometimes it's better to be lucky than good". Not sure how everything keeps going their way but it does.

If theyre still winning once the traditional SECE powers are up, THEN they really are good

Well guys we shouldn't get excited for the season. We should all just be like the rest of the negative Nancy's on here and just expect another subpar 6-7 win season. Anyone who even remotely thinks that UT can win more than 7 games is just insane. God forbid anyone think that UT can actually be very good this season. That's against the rules.

Reactions: 6 people
Love all the positive press but Georgia? Tons of talent but they always have talent and always flame

VN Store

Back