Why Brady is better than Manning

Theyre both good. It's not like winning means everything in terms of skill.

Barry Sanders was a god yet he never even played in a Super Bowl

Reactions: 7 people
Wrong Board

And he's not better because he's not a Vol...can't get any better than that!

Reactions: 2 people
He's not better. He's had better teams around him most of the time.

And a better coach. I've always said that if Manning had been a Patriot, he and Belichick might have just shut the league down. That Pats always had one of the best defenses in the league, and Peyton always has a top offense. They would have had to create a new term to replace dynasty because they would have surpassed the level of a dynasty.

I'm talking like 7+ SBs, and Tiger/Jordan-in-their-prime type domination. Every year people would talk about 'Will it be the Pats again or the field'. And hardly anyone, except maybe Michigan fans, would even know who he heck Tom Brady was.

Football is so much more of a team sport than most people realize.

Reactions: 17 people
And a better coach. I've always said that if Manning had been a Patriot, he and Belichick might have just shut the league down. That Pats always had one of the best defenses in the league, and Peyton always has a top offense. They would have had to create a new term to replace dynasty because they would have surpassed the level of a dynasty.

I'm talking like 7+ SBs, and Tiger/Jordan-in-their-prime type domination. Every year people would talk about 'Will it be the Pats again or the field'. And hardly anyone, except maybe Michigan fans, would even know who he heck Tom Brady was.

And then you wake up from Dreamland.

I will always be a fan of Peyton but I would rather have Brady as my NFL QB. *flame away*

Depends if you mean regular season or playoffs. Regular season for Fantasy Football, Manning.

Playoffs? Not even close to a debate, I take Brady.

Reactions: 2 people
My post is obviously tongue in cheek. But I was bored and knew this would start a good conversation we've had many times. But now we can question Brady's integrity 😄

Yeah because Manning has been surrounded by scrubs his whole career.

Defense and O-Line my friend. For the longest time, and even now to some extent. Manning's teams had some good pass rushers and that was about it. The Pats basically have one of the best O-Lines every single year.

And yeah, Harrison and Wayne were great players, but I don't think they get to the Hall without Peyton. Look at how much work Peyton puts in with his receivers in the offseason. I'd never heard of Demaryius Thomas (other than that long playoff TD), Eric Decker, or Julius Thomas until Peyton got ahold of them.

Reactions: 3 people

I am a huge Peyton Manning guy. But while having a better team all around in New England and a brilliant coach and cheater in Belichek. The factor of how Peyton plays in cold weather can't be discounted. If his home games were in Foxboro in playoffs. I'm not sure his legacy would be much different.

Defense and O-Line my friend. For the longest time, and even now to some extent. Manning's teams had some good pass rushers and that was about it. The Pats basically have one of the best O-Lines every single year.

And yeah, Harrison and Wayne were great players, but I don't think they get to the Hall without Peyton. Look at how much work Peyton puts in with his receivers in the offseason. I'd never heard of Demaryius Thomas (other than that long playoff TD), Eric Decker, or Julius Thomas until Peyton got ahold of them.

That's all well and good except for the fact that Brady hasn't exactly been surrounded by the best of the best. Nobody knew who Wes Welker was before Brady either.

And yes, I know you're going to give all that credit to Bellichick but I think that's incredibly unfair to Brady.

'Cause he (Brady) was coached by Coach Mike DeBord?

What do I win??!!

So if Peyton had been on the Pats and Brady had been on the Colts, you really think that Tom Brady would have won a SB. And you doubt that Peyton would've won at least 4 or 5.

If and buts; I'm saying you're in Dreamland because none of that happened. You can what if all day long.

Plus given that fact that Manning has a well earned reputation for not being nearly as great in the playoffs as the regular season, there's no guarantee anything would have been different. He still may have only ended up with 1 Super Bowl.

VN Store

Back