Why Tennessee Fans Should Be Excited About Freshman QB Quinten Dormady - BR

Between QD, JJ, SJ, Dobbs, and Guarantano, we should be set at the QB position for the next 5 or so years.

Reactions: 3 people
I was getting real excited that this kid is in our QB meeting room based on Spring reports and what we saw at the O&W game. But then I had a bunch of guys on here tell me he's most likely to transfer because he "doesn't fit our offense" ( codewords for "he's white"), so now I'm not sure what to think.

Anywho, "somebody" is gonna get a good QB by the time he's done with his collegiate career imo.

Reactions: 9 people
I was getting real excited that this kid is in our QB meeting room based on Spring reports and what we saw at the O&W game. But then I had a bunch of guys on here tell me he's most likely to transfer because he "doesn't fit our offense" ( codewords for "he's white"), so now I'm not sure what to think.

Anywho, "somebody" is gonna get a good QB by the time he's done with his collegiate career imo.

white people don't fit our offense?

Reactions: 1 person

He is pretty white KB...maybe he'd be more comfortable playing lacrosse or foxhunting...fencing? :huh:

Reactions: 4 people

KB we agree on most issues and I like reading your posts, but this is a little over the top

Reactions: 5 people

Those people should stop eating paint chips. They know nothing about QD or our offense.

Reactions: 5 people
white people don't fit our offense?

That appears to be the argument of those that predicted that QD would transfer. The "he doesn't fit our offense" statement = he's white so he's not athletic enough. They persist with this opinion even after given his good 40 time and outstanding shuttle time. And yeah, I'm a little salty with this line of thinking....kinda in the same way I don't care for how some posters say Dobbs can't hit the broad side of a barn or "didn't complete a pass beyond 10 yards last year"....

KB we agree on most issues and I like reading your posts, but this is a little over the top

I don't know how else to interpret it Fade. Kid runs 4.7, posted a quicker shuttle time than Torrance Gibson and most every other highly ranked QB in the 2015 class. He sure as hell can throw the crap out of a football. What about that screams to some guys on here that he'll certainly transfer because he doesn't "fit the offense". And all this before any of these geniuses had ever seen him take a snap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
He is pretty white KB...maybe he'd be more comfortable playing lacrosse or foxhunting...fencing? :huh:

He's highly Caucasian Butchy ol' boy....had him pegged for something a little less highbrow what with him being from Texas and whatnot...

Reactions: 2 people
He's highly Caucasian Butchy ol' boy....had him pegged for something a little less highbrow what with him being from Texas and whatnot...

They're cutting down on bullriding in colleges after the Eskimos started dominating. :)

They're cutting down on bullriding in colleges after the Eskimos started dominating. :)

Haha. He's clearly too damn slow (just by looking at him) to run our spread/read option/power spread offense. Bet he can rope the hell out of a calf though.

I don't know how else to interpret it Fade. Kid runs 4.7, posted a quicker shuttle time than Torrance Gibson and most every other highly ranked QB in the 2015 class. He sure as hell can throw the crap out of a football. What about that screams to some guys on here that he'll certainly transfer because he doesn't "fit the offense". And all this before any of these geniuses had ever seen him take a snap.

I think most of that came from him being labeled a pro style QB by recruiting services, not from him being white. Jmo

I think most of that came from him being labeled a pro style QB by recruiting services, not from him being white. Jmo

There was a time when successful college QBs like Tony Dungy's scouting report had "not the proper qualities you need to see in a QB" highlighted. You can say something without explicitly saying it. :wink2:

We run pro concepts just doing it in the shot gun instead from behind the center, I think you are way off base. QD ran similar offense in Texas under his father, to the point UT gave them some plays to use for his senior season. The kid has a arm and placement he doesn't need to be running the ball too much, I'm sure they are protecting his arm as long as they can keeping him in the pocket.

Listen to Worley who explains that UT runs Pro concepts

https://soundcloud.com/knoxnews/gvx...-browns-mini-camp-invite-career-with-the-vols

Last edited:
Doesn't fit our system is "code for he's white"? Does that mean Tajh Boyd was white? Or because it was a Pro-style Offense back then, it was "code for he's black"? I'm confused.

His 40 and shuttle times are on par with Dobbs at this point in his career, on a much larger frame. When you combine that with his obvious skill as a passer, he'll be a winner in this offense.

Those critical of his athleticism haven't watched his Hudl highlights.

That appears to be the argument of those that predicted that QD would transfer. The "he doesn't fit our offense" statement = he's white so he's not athletic enough. They persist with this opinion even after given his good 40 time and outstanding shuttle time. And yeah, I'm a little salty with this line of thinking....kinda in the same way I don't care for how some posters say Dobbs can't hit the broad side of a barn or "didn't complete a pass beyond 10 yards last year"....

i will say it is my opinion that QD will Transfer sooner or later...JMO. I will say it has nothing to do with him fitting our offense or not. I have seen all 3 of the other freshmen highlight tapes and Guarantino (Probably just hacked his name sorry) I just believe that he will get beat out by one of the other 3. My bet on our future quarterback is Sheidan Jones but that is just my observation. He may not transfer but i believe he won't ever be the full time starter. Once again no knock on the kid he is a good athlete, i wish him luck. I just believe that he isn't the future quarterback of the University of Tennessee Volunteers. Good thing we have Dobbs for 2 more years it will be a heck of a battle for whoever wins the starting job after him. I am glad its 2 years away so one of them can develop and be the field general for this high speed offense.

All that matters is what Butch and crew think of him, not us.

His 40 and shuttle times are on par with Dobbs at this point in his career, on a much larger frame. When you combine that with his obvious skill as a passer, he'll be a winner in this offense.

Those critical of his athleticism haven't watched his Hudl highlights.

Joshua Dobbs QB 75
6-3 212 5
JR Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta
12 dormady quinten
Quinten Dormady QB 76
6-4 213 1
FR Boerne, Texas/Boerne

According to Utsports.com Tennessee Roster QD is 1 inch taller than Dobbs and 1 pound heavier...that is hardly a much larger frame....pretty evenly matched to me....but"i am bias"

VN Store

Back