Any update/timeline for Paulk?

ajvol01

GBO!
Just curious if there was a final or pending decision on Paulk's status.

Anybody heard anything?

Reactions: 1 person
Not bashing OP but it sure seems like this thread keeps popping up every week. Where there's smoke there's fire.

DP and LWS I don't want any info you aren't comfortable providing, but if you two right now had to bet a paycheck that Von will be/ will not be reinstated, which way would you bet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Allegedly hit his girlfriend. No idea if true or not.

He was dismissed from the team, but not from school, so the athletic scholarship he signed was still valid for the entire school year. He is still on scholarship and will be until the end of this semester.

He was "cleared" of the charges because the victim did not press charges. That does not change the fact that he punched his then-girlfriend in the face and had to be pulled off of her after striking her again and and again in front of a group of 20 people, most of whom are current student-athletes. They all gave statements to UT officials.

The standard for playing football at Tennessee is higher than the legal system's standard, as it should be. It is a privilege, not a right.

Reactions: 11 people
DP and LWS I don't want any info you aren't comfortable providing, but if you two right now had to bet a paycheck that Von will be/ will not be reinstated, which way would you bet?

See the 2 previous posts before yours

It would be tough for CBJ to let TP return unless TP has done something SIGNIFICANT to redeem himself such as taken an anger management class along with volunteering time at a domestic abuse shelter. If TP had been doing any of these things we probably would have heard about it.

I wouldnt get your hopes up about Paulk, with the depth at RB hurting so bad, if he hasnt been already re-instated then hes not going to be. With him hitting his GF that looked bad on the program and i dont see Butch letting him back on the team.

Some thought Paulk was coming back and that is why we pushed away a 4* RB in Bussey who wanted to be here and rumored to offer him a blue shirt.... No Paulk, doesnt make a lot of sense why we pushed Bussey away. Last time I check we don't have tremendous depth at RB and Kelly isn't even here yet....

it is sounding like there will not be charges so I expect he would be brought back. scuttlebutt not fact

Reactions: 2 people
CBJ told Paulk if he can whip Ovince St. Preux in MMA, he will reinstate him!

In all seriousness, a few months ago, I think he was on track for reinstatement. However, with the AJ/Williams situation and the Von situation and the Riyahd situation, I don't think Tennessee considers Paulk worth all the bad publicity that he would bring to the program.

Also, if CBJ goes Santa Claus with Paulk and he has another slipup, he will be roasted like Saban was.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back