ESPN 2015 Bowl Projections

I don't like the GT match up. It would make BigDave extremely happy though. Our luck we would play GT and have 3-4 players go down with serious knee injuries.

Reactions: 1 person
I would hope we're in a better bowl than the Belk.

I like the opponents though

Reactions: 3 people
Don't like either....

Let's try to shoot for like a starry-eyed, hopeful, undefeated Hawaii team or something.

Reactions: 2 people
For Pete's Sake, we haven't even fielded a team yet. It is quite possible we could be 10-2 or 7-5 at the end of this season. 10-2 and there is no way we are in either of those bowls.

Reactions: 2 people

Me too. We match up well with both teams.

Our defense is built to disrupt GA TECH type offense.

And we have the size to play a Wisconsin downhill power game. Except we are faster to the point of attack.

If you think pre-season polls are worthless, how about pre-season bowl predictions?

Reactions: 12 people
If you think pre-season polls are worthless, how about pre-season bowl predictions?

Next come the pre-pre-season polls, where prognosticators predict the season after next's polls a year and a half out, based on the pre-season bowl predictions that are based on the pre-season polls. It's all very scientific, much like Ouija boards.

Next come the pre-pre-season polls, where prognosticators predict the season after next's polls a year and a half out, based on the pre-season bowl predictions that are based on the pre-season polls. It's all very scientific, much like Ouija boards.

Exactly...just like to '16 mock NFL draft that's already out.

I guess if you have 24 hour news you need to fill up space with something.

I think both are accurate. Sounds very reasonable. GA Tech scares the **** out of me though.

we are UT fans, everything scares the **** out of us. Utah State scared us ****less. Western Kentucky, South Alabama, Bowling Green. I mean we are scared even if we are projected to win.

Damn it! Did I sleep through the entire season???

And I suppose that ESPN has now declared Hillary our next president, right???

I would be okay with the Belk Bowl, but only because I live in Charlotte. However, I hope for a great season and a much better bowl game.

Well, as of last year the Belk is actually the #2 pick in the SEC after the CFP, right? So, that essentially is picking us as #3 in the SEC? Sounds pretty good to me.

Well, as of last year the Belk is actually the #2 pick in the SEC after the CFP, right? So, that essentially is picking us as #3 in the SEC? Sounds pretty good to me.

No, not quite.

CFP pick first (usually 1 team, though there's always a chance of 2...but it's more rare).

Then the remaining New Year's 6 bowls pick (which can amount to around 2 more teams)

Then the Citrus Bowl picks.

And then the Outback/Taxslayer(Gator)/Music City/Belk/Texas/Liberty make up a pool of bowl games to which the SEC front office assigns teams
(which is based on a combination of what schools the bowls want, what bowls the schools would like, and what the SEC offices feels would make the best matchups).

Last edited:
these bowls would be disappointing to some extent. i think we have an outside shot for the playoffs. but regardless we must make and win a bowl game and beat florida this season for it to be a real success. no doubt about it folks!

VN Store

Back