Von Pearson Update

dbarker

Anyone have access to 24/7. They apparently have some update on the situation.

Apparently his defense is using a 1950's approach: She was dressed provocatively and acting loose, therefor she had it coming.

Reactions: 5 people
Apparently his defense is using a 1950's approach: She was dressed provocatively and acting loose, therefor she had it coming.
Is this becoming the standard defense for all the rape charges the past year and a half or so? UT's image continues to take "rape" hits and few seem to care as long as recruiting is good. Sad.

Reactions: 13 people
247:

"Tennessee senior wide receiver Von Pearson remains indefinitely suspended from all team activities after he recently was named a suspect in an ongoing rape investigation, and there’s still no indication of when the investigation might conclude. Sources with knowledge of the situation have suggested it’s entirely possible that Pearson will not face charges in connection with the alleged incident, based on what’s currently known about the case. Then again, some once had the same thoughts about former Vols linebacker A.J. Johnson’s off-field troubles last year, so it’s still far too early to assume that no charges will be brought against Pearson."

Reactions: 12 people
To add to what appvol posted:

While there seems to be some optimism regarding Pearson’s hopes of avoiding legal trouble, his status with the Vols remains uncertain, at least in part because of the academic ramifications of his current situation. Sources have indicated that Pearson hasn’t been allowed to operate as usual on campus, and with UT’s spring-semester exams scheduled to end Tuesday, he likely will have some work to do in the classroom even if he’s cleared to rejoin the team in the not-too-distant future. A prolonged investigation, regardless of the outcome, could throw a major wrench into Pearson’s hopes of returning to the field at Tennessee

Reactions: 7 people
247:

"Tennessee senior wide receiver Von Pearson remains indefinitely suspended from all team activities after he recently was named a suspect in an ongoing rape investigation, and there’s still no indication of when the investigation might conclude. Sources with knowledge of the situation have suggested it’s entirely possible that Pearson will not face charges in connection with the alleged incident, based on what’s currently known about the case. Then again, some once had the same thoughts about former Vols linebacker A.J. Johnson’s off-field troubles last year, so it’s still far too early to assume that no charges will be brought against Pearson."

Callahan after posting that update

getting-paid-o.gif

Reactions: 15 people
Why is Pearson banned from going to class?

He isn't banned from going to class, just team activities. Also, this is only TEAM activities...he can still work out and such individually.

Let's just hope all of this washes out and no charges filed and Von is keeping himself in shape.

To add to what appvol posted:

Sooooooo no charges have been filed against him, and he isn't even allowed to attend class or take exams? Am I misunderstanding this?

Getting suspended from the team I agree with, but academics seem like something important enough to allow him to continue with unless charges have been filed. Maybe I'm misinterpreting this.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone have access to 24/7. They apparently have some update on the situation.

Basically say they don't think they have enough evidence to charge him however, because of restrictions placed on him on campus that he could lose time with schoolwork which could make him ineligible in the long run if not cleared up soon.

He isn't banned from going to class, just team activities. Also, this is only TEAM activities...he can still work out and such individually.

Let's just hope all of this washes out and no charges filed and Von is keeping himself in shape.

This seems to suggest he is banned from going to class:

"Sources have indicated that Pearson hasn’t been allowed to operate as usual on campus, and with UT’s spring-semester exams scheduled to end Tuesday, he likely will have some work to do in the classroom even if he’s cleared to rejoin the team in the not-too-distant future."

Reactions: 2 people
This seems to suggest he is banned from going to class:

"Sources have indicated that Pearson hasn’t been allowed to operate as usual on campus, and with UT’s spring-semester exams scheduled to end Tuesday, he likely will have some work to do in the classroom even if he’s cleared to rejoin the team in the not-too-distant future."

maybe they let him do them online or something bc it make no sense to ban him from finishing his schoolwork esp when he hasnt even been charged/arrested with anything.

Reactions: 1 person
maybe they let him do them online or something bc it make no sense to ban him from finishing his schoolwork esp when he hasnt even been charged/arrested with anything.

I'm actually wondering if it means he's banned from using the academic support center for athletes and that he's struggling to complete his work/prepare for tests without it.

Reactions: 14 people
I'm actually wondering if it means he's banned from using the academic support center for athletes and that he's struggling to complete his work/prepare for tests without it.

That was my take away as well. Article should have been more clear.

Reactions: 1 person
If the university hasn't suspended him, he should be able to attend classes and take exams, as usual. What I'm reading into this is that Von no longer has access to tutors, group study sessions, etc. provided by the UTAD. And perhaps he isn't sufficiently self-motivated to attend classes and put forth his best efforts without the support and encouragement (i.e., prodding) of coaches, staff and fellow players. JMO... but the academic support for athletes is a real benefit and some need it.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back