Officer Threatens To Shoot Ex Vol in the Face

VolnJC

I might also say ex-cop now

A Metro Nashville police officer has been decommissioned after threatening to shoot a former Tennessee Vols football player in the face during a traffic stop on Sunday.

Police said the traffic stop took place on Bell Road near Interstate 24 in Antioch.

Police said officers stopped 30-year-old Walter Fisher after receiving reports about a man carrying what appeared to be an AK-47 near a restaurant.

Officer who threatened to shoot ex-Vol decommissioned

Reactions: 4 people
I might also say ex-cop now

A Metro Nashville police officer has been decommissioned after threatening to shoot a former Tennessee Vols football player in the face during a traffic stop on Sunday.

Police said the traffic stop took place on Bell Road near Interstate 24 in Antioch.

Police said officers stopped 30-year-old Walter Fisher after receiving reports about a man carrying what appeared to be an AK-47 near a restaurant.

Officer who threatened to shoot ex-Vol decommissioned

He's still on desk duty, so not unemployed yet. As he likely should be.

Reactions: 10 people
sounds like somebody let his potty mouth get himself fired. should of just asked for his autograph and been done with it.

Reactions: 2 people
I used to hang with Walt and Rico McCoy back in the day. Walt was a good dude.

Reactions: 6 people
Played against Walter Fisher in high school when he was at Hillsboro. He seemed like a good guy. He pulled me to the side and congratulated me for playing a great game even after they wiped the floor with us.

Reactions: 3 people
Played against Walter Fisher in high school when he was at Hillsboro. He seemed like a good guy. He pulled me to the side and congratulated me for playing a great game even after they wiped the floor with us.

prove it. where are your stats?

I don't post often, but after reading this article, watching the video, and reading some of the posts in this thread, I felt compelled to do so. It is completely astonishing to me that some of you are so quick to rush to judgment about how this officer should be dealt. I mean to say that he should be fired because he cursed at what he had reasonable suspicion to believe was a man carrying an AK-47 and that had been involved in a domestic situation is ridiculous.

Let me say that I DO NOT condone threatening potential suspects and the officer should face whatever Internal Affairs investigative process that Nashville Metro utilizes; however, he has not done anything that rises to the level of being fired. I would like to see how many of you could contain your adrenaline without making any mistakes when asked to approach a car occupied by an armed person that was believed to be fleeing a crime involving the firearm.

To say that because the officer didn't shoot someone meant there was "progress" is just ignorant. The reason the officer didn't shoot someone is because the believed offender complied with the lawful commands given by the officer. Is that too much to ask? To simply follow the commands given by law enforcement in these high-intensity situations? Imagine how many of the law enforcement shooting incidents could be prevented if the offenders would just comply as Fisher did in this situation. I also asked where the outcry for the 5 NYPD officers that have been shot in the past 5 months? And that's just from NYPD; what about the rest of the country.

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Officer Deaths by Year

I'm not saying all law enforcement agencies or officers are mistake free. I'm not saying there haven't been incidents that make other law enforcement officers cringe. What I am saying is that in the high majority of incidents, I believe as high as 99%, the officers are justified in their actions. I can also say that I know of no law enforcement officer that has a desire to shoot anyone. I have several friends that have been involved in shootings and those situations are the darkest times in their lives.

All that should be given is due process for the law enforcement community just as is asked for the criminal element. We are not the enemy no matter how much of a fashion statement it may be to say so.

Reactions: 39 people
Yeah, pretty sure I'd be on edge if I had every reason to suspect that the guy on the other end of my traffic stop had an AK-47 and there was a chance I might have to return fire with naught but my Glock. Still, you have to watch what you say even in stressful circumstances. Not the best choice of words, but I can certainly understand the compulsion.

Last edited:

And this is something new, that police officers who are charged with keeping the peace, who deal with the lowest common denominators and scum of society, oftentimes have to use deadly force while performing their jobs? I didn't care for the tone and implication of the post I responded to. Thank GOD the overwhelming majority of officers are decent, brave and honest people who are willing to put their lives on the line everyday they leave their homes to go to work. While some will rightfully point to the rare instance where the cop was in the wrong (the South Carolina cop who wrongfully shot a fleeing suspect in the back), many others are trying to paint all cops as crooked or racist by misrepresenting facts and evidence and perpetuating absolute myth...Ferguson being perhaps the best example of this. The cop here, in Nashville, was out of line and has been decommissioned. Doesn't mean that all the other policemen in Nashville are behaving in a similar manner and are ACTUALLY shooting everybody else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
And this is something new, that police officers who are charged with keeping the peace, who deal with the lowest common denominators and scum of society, oftentimes have to use deadly force while performing their jobs? I didn't care for the tone and implication of the post I responded to. Thank GOD the overwhelming majority of officers are decent, brave and honest people who are willing to put their lives on the line everyday they leave their homes to go to work. While some will rightfully point to the rare instance where the cop was in the wrong (the South Carolina cop who wrongfully shot a fleeing suspect in the back), many others are trying to paint all cops as crooked or racist by misrepresenting facts and evidence and perpetuating absolute myth...Ferguson being perhaps the best example of this. The cop here, in Nashville, was out of line and has been decommissioned. Doesn't mean that all the other policemen in Nashville are behaving in a similar manner and are ACTUALLY shooting everybody else.

Shrug. You asked a stupid question so I gave you a stupid answer. All you had to do was say this the first time.

Shrug. You asked a stupid question so I gave you a stupid answer. All you had to do was say this the first time.

It wasn't a "stupid question". I was asking for the poster's opinion, assuming he was gonna give me some BS about Ferguson or Baltimore based on the tone of his post. You interpreted it the way you wanted. I wasn't asking for a database of fatal police shootings.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone hates the police until they need the police. I always thought it was a really simple concept, if you dont like law enforcement then dont break the law and you wont have to deal with law enforcement.

Reactions: 7 people
I don't understand the disdain for police. They actually do I job that a lot of us are unwilling to do. They put their lives on the line everyday, but they are ridiculed more than they are thanked. There are bad apples in the police force, just like there are bad lawyers, bad accountants, bad teachers, etc. There are bad people in every walk of life.

Everyone hates the police until they need the police. I always thought it was a really simple concept, if you dont like law enforcement then dont break the law and you wont have to deal with law enforcement.

Bingo. Don't do crime. And if you are actually stopped by police, do what they say and chances are really, really good you won't get your dumb ass shot or thrown in jail.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't understand the disdain for police. They actually do I job that a lot of us are unwilling to do. They put their lives on the line everyday, but they are ridiculed more than they are thanked. There are bad apples in the police force, just like there are bad lawyers, bad accountants, bad teachers, etc. There are bad people in every walk of life.

Yep.

I don't post often, but after reading this article, watching the video, and reading some of the posts in this thread, I felt compelled to do so. It is completely astonishing to me that some of you are so quick to rush to judgment about how this officer should be dealt. I mean to say that he should be fired because he cursed at what he had reasonable suspicion to believe was a man carrying an AK-47 and that had been involved in a domestic situation is ridiculous.

Let me say that I DO NOT condone threatening potential suspects and the officer should face whatever Internal Affairs investigative process that Nashville Metro utilizes; however, he has not done anything that rises to the level of being fired. I would like to see how many of you could contain your adrenaline without making any mistakes when asked to approach a car occupied by an armed person that was believed to be fleeing a crime involving the firearm.

To say that because the officer didn't shoot someone meant there was "progress" is just ignorant. The reason the officer didn't shoot someone is because the believed offender complied with the lawful commands given by the officer. Is that too much to ask? To simply follow the commands given by law enforcement in these high-intensity situations? Imagine how many of the law enforcement shooting incidents could be prevented if the offenders would just comply as Fisher did in this situation. I also asked where the outcry for the 5 NYPD officers that have been shot in the past 5 months? And that's just from NYPD; what about the rest of the country.

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund: Officer Deaths by Year

I'm not saying all law enforcement agencies or officers are mistake free. I'm not saying there haven't been incidents that make other law enforcement officers cringe. What I am saying is that in the high majority of incidents, I believe as high as 99%, the officers are justified in their actions. I can also say that I know of no law enforcement officer that has a desire to shoot anyone. I have several friends that have been involved in shootings and those situations are the darkest times in their lives.

All that should be given is due process for the law enforcement community just as is asked for the criminal element. We are not the enemy no matter how much of a fashion statement it may be to say so.

Well thought out post.

One thing I would add is that this officer apparently graduated from training school in 2014. Everyone who has lived a little,knows that "young officers" have a significantly higher rate of "gung-ho" and "power trips" than old more seasoned officers.

Yes, this is a stressful situation, that I would not want to be placed in. That being said, the people of Antioch or Nashville should demand better from those commissioned to serve and protect. This officers actions are inexcusable and based on this story, he has no business being in such as position of power over the citizenry.

Just think of the criminal charges against Fisher had he yelled such a threat in the face of the officer. His actions could have legitimately started a shootout where the officer(s) or Fisher could have been killed. Fisher, who claims to have a legal TN carry permit was probably armed at the time, and could have reacted in "fear of his life" by shooting the officer. Fisher was told that he "WAS" going to be shot in the face. Were I on a jury where Fisher was on trial for "cop-killing" in such an incident, I would definitely take such a threat from the officer into consideration.

Good to see that this young guy has been "decommissioned". Hopefully, they do not just give him a slap on the wrist and put him back on the streets immediately. Were he to ever put foot back on the streets with a badge, he needs some serious training and seasoning. If I were personally involved in the process of discipline, then I would move to fire him, knowing what we know from a news report.

Last thought, THANK GOD for cell phones and the spread of public information. We had better wake up and protect our rights to film in public places. Governments would love to take it away. Without a doubt, this case could be hell-to-pay for Walter Fisher were this not recorded on video. Good on whoever filmed this.

VN Store

Back