How Do You Feel About The Program Now?

Coug

I was just reading through a few threads and saw some things that got me thinking about UT football, the current state of the program, how I feel about it, and where it appears to be headed. I have to say I'm excited!

Year 1, 2013. Butch was hired very late(Dec 7th 2012) with regard to recruiting season. Naturally, and realistically we didn't have a top recruiting class. Sticking with that theme we didn't have a great season, 5-7, and we didn't go bowling. In my opinion this was to be expected and came as no surprise.

Year 2, 2014. This is year two for Butch Jones and staff and they miraculously haul in a top 10 recruiting class. Number 7 if we're allowed to be specific. We have a fair season at 6-6. South Carolina was a win, along with the go to's Vanderbilt and Kentucky. We didn't beat Florida but I wasn't realistically expecting us to, not yet anyway. We end up going bowling against Iowa which was exciting. We got some very much needed, extra practices in, went to Jacksonville and whooped up on some Hawkeye butt! That ended our 2014 season with a 7-6 win/loss ratio.

Year 3, 2015. Third year for Butch Jones and staff and once again not only does he pull together a top 10 recruiting class, but it's now a top 5 recruiting class! What's that we suddenly start hearing?!? Media hype?!? It can't be! Yup! Has hell frozen over you ask yourself?! No, that's just Butch Jones and the Tennessee Volunteers!

With all the positive energy and outlook how can you not be excited for this season?! Everything is looking up but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. Could we win the SEC East this year, quite possibly. Could we be winning the NATIONAL championship, pump the breaks a little. Realistic expectations for me personally: Equal to or more than 7-5 regular season win/loss ratio, beating Florida(maybe adding Mizzou and Georgia to the win list as well), definitely going bowling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
"Could we win the east, quite possibly"

"Could we be going to the SEC championship, pump the brakes"

You know those two things are the same, right?

Reactions: 32 people

I was thinking the same thing. Re-think that post Coug.

Everthing is better..

Fans are optimistic
Recruiting is significantly better
Players are being developed
TN have a buzz

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't seen us with this much talent in a while. I am always hopeful, but I am truly excited for the future. I honestly believe the sky is the limit.

I was just reading through a few threads and saw some things that got me thinking about UT football, the current state of the program, how I feel about it, and where it appears to be headed. I have to say I'm excited!

Year 1, 2013. Butch was hired very late(Dec 7th 2012) with regard to recruiting season. Naturally, and realistically we didn't have a top recruiting class. Sticking with that theme we didn't have a great season, 5-7, and we didn't go bowling. In my opinion this was to be expected and came as no surprise.

Year 2, 2014. This is year two for Butch Jones and staff and they miraculously haul in a top 10 recruiting class. Number 7 if we're allowed to be specific. We have a fair season at 6-6. South Carolina was a win, along with the go to's Vanderbilt and Kentucky. We didn't beat Florida but I wasn't realistically expecting us to, not yet anyway. We end up going bowling against Iowa which was exciting. We got some very much needed, extra practices in, went to Jacksonville and whooped up on some Hawkeye butt! That ended our 2014 season with a 7-6 win/loss ratio.

Year 3, 2015. Third year for Butch Jones and staff and once again not only does he pull together a top 10 recruiting class, but it's now a top 5 recruiting class! What's that we suddenly start hearing?!? Media hype?!? It can't be! Yup! Has hell frozen over you ask yourself?! No, that's just Butch Jones and the Tennessee Volunteers!

With all the positive energy and outlook how can you not be excited for this season?! Everything is looking up but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. Could we win the SEC East this year, quite possibly. Could we be going to the SEC championship, pump the breaks a little. Realistic expectations for me personally: Equal to or more than 7-5 regular season win/loss ratio, beating Florida(maybe adding Mizzou and Georgia to the win list as well), definitely going bowling.

These are the same thing.

I'm thinking coug but that in on purpose...because it means people read it.

Well played, coug.

Can we win the National Championship? ABSOLUTELY!!

Can we make it into the college playoffs? NOT THIS YEAR!

Reactions: 8 people

It's been so long since we've been there that some have forgotten they are the same thing.

Well we might be middle of the road mediocre right now, but I feel better about being middle of the road mediocre right now

I just ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You think it had peanut butter on it? Pump the brakes!

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of this season will depend on two things. First, Better Offensive line play and second, Dobbs not getting hurt. I think that 8-5 will be our record with the things mentioned. Anything over will be great and anything below will be an under achievement. ALOT is going to depend on overall injuries also.

Feel very good about the direction of the program. Butch has done everything right off the field, recruiting is exceeding everybody's expectations, we all saw a more competitive team on the field from year 1 to year 2. I have no doubt that he'll post winning seasons going forward. Only question, to what degree will he win?? 8-9 win seasons or perennial contenders for an SEC championship?

I feel the best I have about our program since I moved to Georgia.

We will go 9 and 3 in 15, then get your popcorn ready because it will be kick AZZ time in TENNESSEE in 16.:popcorn:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back