Update with AJ Johnson trial

skasper06

Yesterday the Knoxville News Sentinel reported AJ Johnson has requested a separate trial from former teammate Michael Williams. The article states it seems apparent the two are not on the same page regarding their defense and AJ wants a separate jury to ensure a fair trial without prejudice from jurors against Williams' verdict.

Ex-Vol Johnson wants separate trial from Williams in rape case - News Sentinel Story

while reading the linked article a pop up came on and it said Vols football players charged with rape (then i noticed it said 'related stories') but damn it that thing almost caused a coronary ,as I thought ,not another incident after last week .

Sounds like Williams is trying to throw AJ under the bus, but whatever he's saying pretty much implicates himself. What a $#@storm.

Sounds like Williams is trying to throw AJ under the bus, but whatever he's saying pretty much implicates himself. What a $#@storm.

They will be throwing each other under the bus, that's what they do in a criminal trial. A defense attorney will do or say anything to get his client acquitted of the charges.

Reactions: 3 people
They will be throwing each other under the bus, that's what they do in a criminal trial. A defense attorney will do or say anything to get his client acquitted of the charges.

somebody's been watching too much bad tv.

Reactions: 6 people
somebody's been watching too much bad tv.

Not really. I have seen it many times over. When it comes to a criminal trial co-defendants ALWAYS minminum their involvment in the alleged crimes and point the finger at the other guy, that's why by the rules of criminal procedures that each defendant MUST have a separate attorney to represent their own interest.

My knowledge of the Criminal Justice system is based on my experience working as a law enforcement officer for the past 20 years, not watching television.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
Not really. I have seen it many times over. When it comes a criminal trial co-defendants ALWAYS minminum thier involvment in the alleged crimes and point the finger at the other guy, that's why by the rules of criminal procedures that each defendant MUST have a separate attorney to represent their own interest.

My knowledge of the Criminal Justice system is based on my experience working as a law enforcement officer for the past 20 years, not watching television.

Thanks for your service Gunner! I doubt you hear it much, especially in the current "all cops are bad"climate we are bombarded with in the media. However, it takes a special person to do what you do day-in and day-out.

Also, I am not and have never been a cop. I did serve 21 years in the military, so I have a profound admiration for those who selflessly serve others, and are willing to defend others, even at great personal cost. :hi:

Reactions: 16 people
Thanks for your service Gunner! I doubt you hear it much, especially in the current "all cops are bad"climate we are bombarded with in the media. However, it takes a special person to do what you do day-in and day-out.

Also, I am not and have never been a cop. I did serve 21 years in the military, so I have a profound admiration for those who selflessly serve others, and are willing to defend others, even at great personal cost. :hi:

Thanks man!! I really appreciate the kind words! It means a lot!! And, Thank you as well for dedication and support to our country.

As for law enforcement officers, the vast majority of us are really hard working and dedicated, it's the few "bad apples" that have created the problems. Eric Holder and his anti law enforcement polices have made it difficult to enforce the law as well.

After a few years of this folks will see the light, and the pendulum will swing back the other way, it always has before. But, for now it is a very difficult time to be in law enforcement.

Again that you for you kind works and service to our great country!!

Reactions: 9 people
Not really. I have seen it many times over. When it comes to a criminal trial co-defendants ALWAYS minminum their involvment in the alleged crimes and point the finger at the other guy, that's why by the rules of criminal procedures that each defendant MUST have a separate attorney to represent their own interest.

Then maybe you can answer the question of why there are so many corrupt officials & officers in east TN!?! IDK how the world has came to this! Guilty before proven innocent nowadays!

My brother in law is a state trooper & his job has very little risk involved, unless he has to break up a scuffle between construction workers as he follows behind.

Reactions: 2 people
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Then maybe you can answer the question of why there are so many corrupt officials & officers in east TN!?! IDK how the world has came to this! Guilty before proven innocent nowadays!

I have seen enough encounters with the law from the periphery to lose whatever trust I had in the institution.

Reactions: 9 people

In Baltimore?

If AJ is cleared. Do you think he'll sign with any teams? Even if it's in a year?

Many thanks Gunner. Watching TV with all of the negative propaganda against you guys makes it seem that everyone is against you. But most of us are supportive of what you do and sooner or later there will be a backlash against those who lie and make up stories to promote themselves. Hang in there brother.

Reactions: 4 people
Many thanks Gunner. Watching TV with all of the negative propaganda against you guys makes it seem that everyone is against you. But most of us are supportive of what you do and sooner or later there will be a backlash against those who lie and make up stories to promote themselves. Hang in there brother.

Yeah I agree.... This slamming the police is a very very small minority in our nation.::: most is used for political gain in those communities unfortunately that has become very obvious.... But when help is needed guess who's called ...that's correct.... And that pretty well sums it up.... As far as AJ I'm afraid this has ruined his career one where the other....

Yeah I agree.... This slamming the police is a very very small minority in our nation.::: most is used for political gain in those communities unfortunately that has become very obvious.... But when help is needed guess who's called ...that's correct.... And that pretty well sums it up.... As far as AJ I'm afraid this has ruined his career one where the other....

The anti-police crowd should start dialing 411 instead of 911.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back