2016 draft, early predictions

Ertel

This is pretty depressing to watch.... no vols and not a great shot remaining honestly. So lets think positively and try and predict next years draftees. We should have a lot more luck and i see several opportunities for early picks.i know they have a whole year yet to play but its the offseason so why not?

-Cam Sutton- late first round

-Curt Maggit- i think his athleticism is underrated and i think he will put up great combine numbers following another double digit sack year. Early sexond round

-Marquez North- I dont think he will have huge numbers because of how many options we have available bit his size, intangibles and a strong combine push him to 2nd/3rd round

-brian randolph- goodsize, smart, reliable and a great run stopper. Not super athletic but would be great in a steelers type D. He has a whole career of solid tape and great play. 4th round

Pig howard- undersized but tough and versatile. 5th/6th round

Pearson- if innocent anywhere from 3-5. If guilty sitting at home with AJ.

Anyone im missing?

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think North goes next year. He could, and would likely get drafted, but adding in one more year in the SEC could improve his draft stock dramatically.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think North goes next year. He could, and would likely get drafted, but adding in one more year in the SEC could improve his draft stock dramatically.

Yeah idk why i was thinking hes a senior. Good call

Can't see North leaving without having a great season next year. Don't see that because of the number of weapons we have on offense.

North is already a Mid first rounder with his current numbers already.

Usually, skill position guys don't improve their stock with another season

Cam - Could go top 10 (could be 2nd best corner behind Hargreaves, him or Fuller from VT IMO) more than likely later 1/3 of the 1st.

Maggit - 4-5

Randolph - 6

Howard - 6/7/UDFA

Think North stays for another year unless he breaks out.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone think jackson, crowder, kerbyson or owen williams get drafted? I think with a solid year kerbyson is maybe a 3rd day guy and possibly jackson too. I think all 4 will get undrafted contracts if not though. And what about mcneil? I think hes too slow for safety and too small for linebacker at the next level

Cam - Could go top 10 (could be 2nd best corner behind Hargreaves, him or Fuller from VT IMO) more than likely later 1/3 of the 1st.

Maggit - 4-5

Randolph - 6

Howard - 6/7/UDFA

Think North stays for another year unless he breaks out.

I think maggit does better than that, nfl seems to love athletic sec hybrid de's. I dont think he tests as well as dupree but close. Maybe a 4.75 forty and strong agility drills. Plus look at how he improved last year. If he played the whole year luke the 2nd half he would have had 15 sacks. Hes gonna leave UT with around 25 sacks. Thats big production in the best conference.

I think maggit does better than that, nfl seems to love athletic sec hybrid de's. I dont think he tests as well as dupree but close. Maybe a 4.75 forty and strong agility drills. Plus look at how he improved last year. If he played the whole year luke the 2nd half he would have had 15 sacks. Hes gonna leave UT with around 25 sacks. Thats big production in the best conference.

He could with good times. I think he could get as high as the 3rd with great times.

I just have a feeling he doesn't put up great numbers. I hope I'm wrong.

He will have the same production. Our offense isn't set up for monster numbers.

Exactly. North has to have a big combine day and just make the most of his chances. Needs to show great route running and demonstrate he can use his huge frame correctly to box out and punish defenders. If he does that hes in the right position to get a high pick on potential

If JRM decides to go pro he could be a mid third rounder-ish...would be higher if he were a little bigger.

This is pretty depressing to watch.... no vols and not a great shot remaining honestly. So lets think positively and try and predict next years draftees. We should have a lot more luck and i see several opportunities for early picks.i know they have a whole year yet to play but its the offseason so why not?

-Curt Maggit- i think his athleticism is underrated and i think he will put up great combine numbers following another double digit sack year. Early sexond round

-Marquez North- I dont think he will have huge numbers because of how many options we have available bit his size, intangibles and a strong combine push him to 2nd/3rd round

-brian randolph- goodsize, smart, reliable and a great run stopper. Not super athletic but would be great in a steelers type D. He has a whole career of solid tape and great play. 4th round

Anyone im missing?

That says volumes as no OL would be considered that are SR's this year to project in the draft

Last edited:
That say volumes as no OL would be considers that are SR's this year

Yeah and we have a pretty solid tradition of having linemen onboth sides of the ball getting picked. Seemed like every year ive folllwed weve had at least a couple late round linemen go.

Anyone im missing?

Yeah, you are missing the Orange-colored glasses resting on your nose.

Our offense isn't set up for monster numbers.

I don't necessarily agree with this. We haven't had a decent trigger man in the past. Here's to hoping Dobbs can change that.

North has had some trouble getting separation in the past. Something he needs to work on.

Yeah and we have a pretty solid tradition of having linemen onboth sides of the ball getting picked. Seemed like every year ive folllwed weve had at least a couple late round linemen go.

Our 3 Sr Dooley OlL players are

Crowder
kyberson
Jackson

Late rounds is their hope ar best

I don't necessarily agree with this. We haven't had a decent trigger man in the past. Here's to hoping Dobbs can change that.

North has had some trouble getting separation in the past. Something he needs to work on.
If it's not being stressed now, hope it is come the fall. There are only so many snaps on offense. If you get an opportunity and the ball comes your way on 119, you better make the best of it, ultra important for North and Croom to stand out this year, and it applies to Kamara as well.

If it's not being stressed now, hope it is come the fall. There are only so many snaps on offense. If you get an opportunity and the ball comes your way on 119, you better make the best of it, ultra important for North and Croom to stand out this year, and it applies to Kamara as well.

North is far superior than Croom

No way he goes mid-1st without a monster year

I don't know why you guys think collegiate production and NFL draft position go hand in hand. NFL teams draft based on PROJECTIONS not PRODUCTION. Its about how will the player do in the NFL vs. how he did in college. And players with FREAKISH physical attributes always get drafted higher than those with less freakish attributes but better production. Look no further than this years draft. Dorial Green-Beckham got drafted 40th overall by the Titans eventhough he didn't play all of last season after getting kicked out of the Missouri football team and has serious character concerns going forward. He was drafted at the top of the second round because he's 6'5" 237 lbs. and runs a 4.49 in the 40. PERIOD. Freakish attributes = you get drafted VERY HIGH.

And whether you like it or not, Marquez is going to be a mid-to-late 1st round pick next year NO MATTER WHAT because he has FREAKISH physical attributes. He's 6'4" 224 lbs. Runs fast (high 4.4, low 4.5 range). Can jump high. And has hands the size of baseball mitts that have allowed him to make a number of spectacular receptions so far in his career. Guys with his PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES get drafted high. PERIOD.

Next years WRs are not as impressive as the last 2 years, so that should also bump him up some. Duke Williams (Auburn) and Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss) are currently projected as the top 2 receivers in the 2016 draft. Marquez has as good a chance as anyone to be the 3rd receiver off the board.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back