Hard to believe....

checkerboards09

Just win baby
But its been close to 20 years since UT has won the SEC championship. I know we're the last team to win back to back SEC championships, but waiting damn near two decades without one is gut wrenching. Here's to winning one this year or next to break this awful streak.

Reactions: 4 people
That's crazy, I had to look it up. I can't believe Bama hasn't gone back to back in the past decade. That speaks volumes to our conference.

Reactions: 3 people
That's crazy, I had to look it up. I can't believe Bama hasn't gone back to back in the past decade. That speaks volumes to our conference.

Im surprised as well about Bama. Don't get me wrong, its always great when they don't win it, but they were definitely talented enough.

I still remember fans complaining when we didn't win impressively enough back then. Humbling sport at times and if folks will look back at our history, they'll see some hard times. Every program goes through it. Hell...even Bama had a down spell. I can remember several dips since the 60s. In any event, maybe this run will make fans appreciate the wins and so called "lesser bowls" a bit more.

We were the last team to win the SEC back to back. Crazy

Last edited:
I was 21 in 98. Good year all around really. My son is 13 and he is a Vol..but he doesnt breathe and eat orange like i do. We havent done anything impressive in his lifetime. Things are about to change. Bigtime.

Thank you Lord. Thank you.

We fell from greatness to mediocrity in less than 5 years. The 2001 team was a very good team, better than the 1998 team, IMO. We then had our first 5 win season in 2005. That was a very quick drop.

But its been close to 20 years since UT has won the SEC championship. I know we're the last team to win back to back SEC championships, but waiting damn near two decades without one is gut wrenching. Here's to winning one this year or next to break this awful streak.

We were the last team to win back to back SEC championships. And we will be the next team to do it. :rock:

Reactions: 1 person

I can't believe we haven't won a Conference Championship in nearly 20 Years!!!:realmad::banghead2:

Go Vols!:clapping:

The last conference championship we won was the year we won the NC in 1998. That is a sad stat.

You are correct, honestly.. I have just sort of Blocked that out of my memory..... its amazing what our minds will do for us.. to protect us ha ha!

This Must Change! (not the mind thing.. the SECC thing) :)

Go Vols!:clapping::pepper:

We fell from greatness to mediocrity in less than 5 years. The 2001 team was a very good team, better than the 1998 team, IMO. We then had our first 5 win season in 2005. That was a very quick drop.

This is absolutely false. 1999, 1998, 2001 in that order but the 1998 team had the breaks and the chemistry. Watch the 2001 UGA or LSU SEC game and tell me that team was the best, great but not the best.

Im surprised as well about Bama. Don't get me wrong, its always great when they don't win it, but they were definitely talented enough.

The best team doesn't always win, sometimes it comes down to who wants it more. Case in point last year's fla game in checkerboarded Neyland. :shakehead:

This is absolutely false. 1999, 1998, 2001 in that order but the 1998 team had the breaks and the chemistry. Watch the 2001 UGA or LSU SEC game and tell me that team was the best, great but not the best.

3 great teams. The best of the 3 is one's opinion.
The downfall of TN football started the night we beat FL in 2001, imo. It hasn't been the same since.

We should be able to agree that the biggest failure was the 2005 team.

Hi, Gramps. Good to see you posting. Thoughts and prayers.

VN Store

Back