Vols tops the SEC for NFL Draft

We still got a 18 pick lead on Bama and with the talent Butch is bringing in we won't be losing this lead anytime soon. Go Vols

Reactions: 3 people
It's a little bitter-sweet for me. There's been a ton of talent that has rolled through UT over the years. It's hard to believe we're on year 17 since a title (SEC or NC).

Reactions: 5 people
I wish there was a way to determine how many picks actually pan out. Seems UT doesn't send a ton to the draft but they always fare well even surprise people.

Reactions: 1 person
UT is #1 in the SEC and #7 all time on draft picks with 337. Note Bama, Florida, GA and LSU are all way back.

http://drafthistory.com/n_college/college_n.html

We may get 4 this year most likely only 3. Thanks CDD for killing this tradition!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

That many you think? The only one I can name for sure is Justin coleman (and even he's suspect). Aj should have been a first rounder...but will go undrafted. And lane won't get drafted Imo

Is it more important the players win while at UT or get drafted?

Good question

For the player it would be to get drafted. For the vol fan it would be to win. DUH!

Good response

As individual players, all I can ask for as a fan is for them to do their best. As a team......yeah my expectations are higher. In the end though, I want them to do well and make the money.

Reactions: 2 people
That many you think? The only one I can name for sure is Justin coleman (and even he's suspect). Aj should have been a first rounder...but will go undrafted. And lane won't get drafted Imo

Coleman 3rd round
Jordan Williams 5th round
Lane 7th round
Darr 7th round maybe

Coleman is the only lock.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

It's a little bitter-sweet for me. There's been a ton of talent that has rolled through UT over the years. It's hard to believe we're on year 17 since a title (SEC or NC).

I feel the same.

Coleman 3rd round
Jordan Williams 5th round
Lane 7th round
Darr 7th round maybe

Coleman is the only lock.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

I thought Darr punted well for us last year, but Lane seemed slow getting to the hole and danced around in the backfield a lot and the holes closed up on him. Would like to see all of them make it though...:thumbsup:

AJ was a tackling machine, but he was slow and couldn't cover receivers very well. NFL is a passing league right now so guys with AJ's skill set aren't seen as 1st rounders anymore. He was going to be a mid round pick, will more than likely be invited to some training camps. Some teams will take the risk, unless they know more about the situation (they do) than we do and it looks bad.

Do not worry Boca Vol, many, many factors are involved in winning. Talent is one small piece of winning. Not to mention you are part of the best Tradition, Team and fan base in the world.

As far as players are concerned they are totally motivated to get drafted for the money and fame. For most players, Tennessee or other schools are just temporary stop before the NFL. Why do VFL'S love Tennessee so much? A- Tennessee was the right stepping stone to the NFL. B- They gained enough knowledge to be successful in life and enjoyed playing in Knoxville.

Honestly, how many of the talented players would play at UT without a shot at the NFL? Not many, but those few players that would are special and are loved by fans.

As for players concerned with winning or the NFL. I think for the most part, those players that want to go to the NFL will win. Why? Because they are trying to do everything right and that would lead to winning. Guys that are just there to show off on their way to the league do not last. With very, very few exceptions. I think this is one of the reasons Hurd and Kammara are such a good combination. They both realize there are enough opportunities for both of them to be successful and make the NFL.

Guys at UT just there to show off and go to the NFL loose focus. For example, they decide drugs, alcohol are more important than their "shot" at the NFL. Guys that are serious NFL talent are smart enough to stay away from the B.S., do well on the field and wait for the money.

Just my 2 cents

G.B.O.

Last edited:
Well, my co-workers are giving me grief about the draft today. I want to take a stick down to Valley View and thump Dooless.

Well, my co-workers are giving me grief about the draft today. I want to take a stick down to Valley View and thump Dooless.

Valley View Mall? That thing still open?

I would love to see a break down of the top 10 of how many players actually made any kid of impact in the NFL

VN Store

Back