Clemson posts WRU video

Justin Hunter, CP, Da'rick (kind of), D Mo, all say hi.

next generation Pig, Marquez North, Josh smith, Josh Malone, Preston Williams.... am I forgetting anyone?

Gerald Jones and Zach rogers, don't think either is in the league but they had solid senior campaigns

Clemson hasn't done squat. Chauncy Stuckey is the last one that I remember there being elite and mentioned nationally. We have had Hunter, Patterson, Meachem, Price, Kent, Pickens, Harper, McGee........I could keep going...and I skipped alot, but you get the point.

Wow 5 guys. That's amazing. I think not. Clemson is WRCC. Wide receiver community college

Reactions: 13 people
Clemson hasn't done squat. Chauncy Stuckey is the last one that I remember there being elite and mentioned nationally. We have had Hunter, Patterson, Meachem, Price, Kent, Pickens, Harper, McGee........I could keep going...and I skipped alot, but you get the point.

DeAndre Hopkins, Martavis Bryant and Sammy Watkins are all performing better than any Vol receiver in the league right now. Having said that, let Clemson say what they want, we'll be back.

Reactions: 4 people
Ya I think they really have us with the quit living in the past thing. We don't have one receiver in the NFL that's really "making plays consistently" anyone who we've had that was any good isn't playing in the league any more.

Can't really fault them. We are NOT WRU at the moment. :-(

But does that make them #1? I would take the Miami trio of Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne (a lock for the Hall of Fame) and Santana Moss before Clemson's.

Of course this is just a stupid recruiting video and we do things like this too. It shouldn't be taken seriously, although I do think the recruitment's of Josh Malone and Preston Williams gave Clemson a case of the butt hurt and may be partially a response to some things we have done.

Reactions: 1 person
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But no, Clemson, you can't have the WRU moniker. We're still using it, and plan to continue for some time to come.

:good!:

Reactions: 3 people
CDsVFt7VAAEh9po.jpg

Reactions: 9 people
What happened to that WRU video that was posted late last year and then taken down for "revisions"? I never saw it but heard it was pretty special.

Just for kicks and giggles, can someone in VolNation put together a video of all the WRs that made UT the REAL WRU?

Go Vols!!!

Ya I think they really have us with the quit living in the past thing. We don't have one receiver in the NFL that's really "making plays consistently" anyone who we've had that was any good isn't playing in the league any more.

How about Jason Witten. I think he has made plays consistently for many years.

Reactions: 2 people

We also don't currently have a WR on the roster that you can say is sure fire first or even secondrounder. Pig is too small, North is injury-prone and was really disappointing last year, Croom is...well...Croom, Pearson is likely gone from the team and didn't have top end speed anyway, Josh Smith is injury-prone and white. And collectively, they've been fairly underwhelming. I'm personally hoping P. Williams comes in and gives our WR group some WRU credibility back....our current group (outside of Pig) ain't getting it done.

Reactions: 3 people
If a school is going to call itself WRU, it has to be about more than just who they have in the NFL right now. WRU is about legacy, too. If we didn't have any WRs in the NFL right now, then they would have a point with the "living in the past" comment.

But as previously mentioned, it's just a dumb promotional video and I wouldn't take it any more seriously than that.

VN Store

Back