Bruce Feldman on the Vols

soon+cat.gif

Reactions: 17 people
"Truth be told, they're probably still a year away. UT doesn't have the depth of personnel, especially on the lines, and their receivers aren't at the elite level they were when Tennessee was a top-15 team. But I wouldn't be surprised if they cracked the top 25 this fall. "

Agree but this season 9 wins and come February another top 5 recruiting class.

Reactions: 2 people
I was a little surprised to see him say that our WRs aren't all that. That's opposite of everything else I've read and thought. I know North is limited, Croom is out, Smith is recovering, Pig is nicked up. So I hope that's why he feels that way. I think if he saw them at full strength he'd be impressed. Just add in PWill and it might be the most talented WR group in the country, hope they become the most productive as well.

"Truth be told, they're probably still a year away. UT doesn't have the depth of personnel, especially on the lines, and their receivers aren't at the elite level they were when Tennessee was a top-15 team. But I wouldn't be surprised if they cracked the top 25 this fall. "

Agree but this season 9 wins and come February another top 5 recruiting class.

Now

I disagree on the part about our wrs...or that he wouldn't be surprised if we cracked the top 25? If we are a team really moving up combined with the east being down seems like he might have said potentially crack the top 10

I'm still so jaded that I feel like the National Media is all convening against us to tell us how good we are, but they're just doing so, so that if we lose a game we shouldn't, they can tear us apart and talk about how we didn't meet expectation, and how we're still down.

I love the expectations....but I still don't feel we deserve them yet. I wish we were coming into this season as underdogs. My biggest concern this whole time has been whether or not we can handle this attention and these expectations.

Definitely expect us to perform better. I just wish we could take care of Oklahoma and Florida before these type of articles and hype come along. JMO

Our WR's are quite a bit better than what he gives them credit for. Can't blame him for saying that though. Every body has been beat up since last fall, and early last year the OL didn't even give them enough time to get open or protect poor ole Worley long enough for him to get the ball to them. If they can stay healthy then they have the chance to be the best group in the SEC....IF they stay healthy.

Good article, but this quote:

"It had the worst collection of skill talent from any power conference team I've ever seen."

Seems a bit overdramatic. The P5 has had some pretty awful teams over the years. Just that year alone, UVA went 2-10 in the ACC.

I'm still so jaded that I feel like the National Media is all convening against us to tell us how good we are, but they're just doing so, so that if we lose a game we shouldn't, they can tear us apart and talk about how we didn't meet expectation, and how we're still down.

I love the expectations....but I still don't feel we deserve them yet. I wish we were coming into this season as underdogs. My biggest concern this whole time has been whether or not we can handle this attention and these expectations.

Definitely expect us to perform better. I just wish we could take care of Oklahoma and Florida before these type of articles and hype come along. JMO

Bad teams don't have expectations. No one is upset or shocked when Vandy wins 4 games. We are a good team, and with that comes the expectations. I want to be the team that our opponents use an extra hour of film study each week on. I want teams to blast Rocky Top during practice so their players know what it will be like. I want them to know that an orange storm is brewing. That way when the game starts, and the first few breaks go against them, their players aren't thinking "man they're getting lucky", they're thinking "maybe UT really is back". Once that doubt sets in, then we've won.

Also I'm sure the social pressure of supporting the SEC big dogs has helped Bama get a few 50/50 calls

VN Store

Back