segment on sportcenter

chattavol420

sorry...don't have a link. but this morning watching SC, I saw on the upcoming stories ''Tennessee vols'', and was a little worried. I thought they might discuss the off the field incidents that have occurred or something, but instead it was positive. The anchor and other guy discussed for a couple of minutes our potential. They mentioned consecutive top 5 recruiting classes and that so many players return and are young. The anchor specifically mentioned uga, uf, and sc and teams that hopefully already took advantage of us because those days are over. The other guy then compared us to ole miss in saying there is only so talent you can bring in before the dam breaks and everyone better look out.
Positive stuff, and combined with the fact that they finally parted ways with "Thou Holtsss"...times be a changing

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
A nice way of saying ''You don't have Tennessee to kick around anymore". dooley made that statement, we now have a coach and staff working to assure our program never hits that low again. :yes:

Well considering golf is 90% mental, did it help you?

Honestly at that point in my life I was doing it so much and my tolerance was so high that unless I told you what I did you wouldn't have even noticed. Just getting my mind right. But when I didn't it would psych me out. I remember shooting 72 in the rain, ended the first round 1 shot off the lead. Followed it up with an 83 in great conditions because I woke up late and didn't have time to walk outside behind the hotel and get my mind right.

Had some friends from college visit me this past winter, schmoked a little bit before a pacers game, for first time in like 6 months and I was gone.

Same with the UTC game this year. Pretty sure everyone around me could tell me and a buddy were schtoned, I was out of it. We probably reaked too.

Times have changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I used to do that everyday nonstop lol. Oh, to be a college kid again. Played college golf, used to call it my "performance enhancing drug."

Smoking herb gives you much more of a mental buzz than physical. It will literally do what you think it'll do. If you think it will help you concentrate and be creative...thats exactly what it'll do.
I was reading a story the other day about endurance athletes that have begun using it while training. Some of these guys swear that their bodies are able to endure much more punishment and go much longer distances while under the influence. That's the psychological effect

Reactions: 1 person
Smoking herb gives you much more of a mental buzz than physical. It will literally do what you think it'll do. If you think it will help you concentrate and be creative...thats exactly what it'll do.
I was reading a story the other day about endurance athletes that have begun using it while training. Some of these guys swear that their bodies are able to endure much more punishment and go much longer distances while under the influence. That's the psychological effect

I think it gets a bad rap, myself. Especially on VN. As a small business owner I don't really have the time to do it much more, spare maybe 4-5 times a year with a buddy from college or something, but I used to blaze before I did anything in college, took finals schtoned, went to lectures schtoned, and I graduated with a 3.48.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it gets a bad rap, myself. Especially on VN. As a small business owner I don't really have the time to do it much more, spare maybe 4-5 times a year with a buddy from college or something, but I used to blaze before I did anything in college, took finals schtoned, went to lectures schtoned, and I graduated with a 3.48.

There's nothing wrong with smoking the devils lettuce, I agree. Just as long as little kids don't have it.

I smoke a good amount of pcp before every round, helps me to drive it 500 yards.

Umm...back it up two decimal points...your gallery was too afraid to tell you...after you sexually assaulted the golf cart. :ermm:

I too am a small business owner and am much more interested in making big commissions than getting blazed all the time. Plus I have two kids and am always shuttling them here and there. But I do still smoke (technically what I do is vape) on a weekly basis...just not daily and generally only at night. The thing is I don't drink. It's hypocritical for someone to talk down a smoker while they have a few drinks all the time. Different strokes for different folks I guess...but people shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on one another.

Reactions: 5 people
I too am a small business owner and am much more interested in making big commissions than getting blazed all the time. Plus I have two kids and am always shuttling them here and there. But I do still smoke (technically what I do is vape) on a weekly basis...just not daily and generally only at night. The thing is I don't drink. It's hypocritical for someone to talk down a smoker while they have a few drinks all the time. Different strokes for different folks I guess...but people shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on one another.

Wish more people were this open-minded

Reactions: 8 people
So did sports center bring up smoking pot when talking about Tennessee? Cause I'm confused about the thread turning into that! Ha ;-)

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back