Jennings

MurphyVol

I'd like to see a package for him this year. 3-5 snaps as wildcat QB. It would save some hits on Dobbs and the rbs. Guy looks explosive

Reactions: 8 people
Needs to redshirt IMO
If hes eventually switching positions, I'd rather redshirt Dormady. If Dobbs is healthy, all you need is a blowout or getting blown out QB. Jennings or Jones could fill that role. If JD gets hurt, pull the red shirtshirt off Dormady

Reactions: 2 people
Should be converted to RB or some other position. Can't throw at all.

Not true. People on talk radios say when this guy is having a good day he shows he can be very good or even elite. Needs some more time to develop consistency, but he has all the tools to play QB in the sec. Today was an off day

Reactions: 11 people
Should be converted to RB or some other position. Can't throw at all.

Actually I've seen him make several nice throws in practice. He does have a ways to go but I don't see his future at RB... WR or Safety is where he'll end up if QB doesn't work out.

Reactions: 3 people
Let him redshirt. Dobbs will be back for his senior year in all liklihood, so Jennings will be able to take another year to develop. I think he will be able to compete for the starting job in his third year. I'm not saying he will win, but he will compete. He has the physical ability and the work ethic. With that being said, Dormady looked great today.

Reactions: 2 people
Understanding that it's just the end of spring and we still have all of fall camp ahead of us--including the arrival of Sheriron Jones--thus far I'd say QD is the clear backup QB for 2015. He really did look very composed in the pocket and in command of the field, with good accuracy.

My guess would be Jauan red shirts in '15, then competes next spring and makes a big decision (stay QB, change position, change college) based on that competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Not true. People on talk radios say when this guy is having a good day he shows he can be very good or even elite. Needs some more time to develop consistency, but he has all the tools to play QB in the sec. Today was an off day

This. From his video arm strength is concern, but so was JD's, coming out. Imo

Perhaps that's his real Achilles' heel, then. Dormady quickly became consistently good this spring, and stayed consistent right up through the O&W game. Jennings hasn't found any consistency yet, including today's game/practice.

Maybe he will in the future. And that future could be as soon as fall camp.

Based on what we've seen through spring, though, QD has JJ beat for backup QB role by a country mile. Barring big changes in fall camp, I think JJ's best bet is to redshirt and develop a year, then see how things play out next spring.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back