Peyton Manning excited about the direction of Tennessee football

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Petyon was on 104.5 in Nashville this morning and he's entertaining as always.

“I am excited about the direction that Butch Jones has our football program headed in. I feel like we are getting back to competing for championships. I believe in him, I believe in his direction, his philosophies. He and I spend a lot of time talking and he has shared with me his vision and his approach and it’s very impressive.”

Here's the link to the full audio interview: http://stationcaster.com/stations/wgfx/media/mp3/Peyton_Manning_with_WUZ-1429888536.mp3

I also transcribed the parts pertaining to the Vols:
Peyton excited about the direction of Vols football

Reactions: 18 people
Peyton hoping for the best like the rest of us. Come on CBJ, we want you to succeed and to be here for a long time.

Peyton is a great ambassador for UT. With that, he isn't going to say anything bad about the program. He made similar remarks about Fulmer in '08, Kiffin in '09, and Dooley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHvyR6IuGJc

We were all wrong about Dools!

Last edited:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: 1 person
He said the current team's energy, focus, and talent reminded him of when he was here. That exact sentiment was probably missing under prior staffs.

I'm almost a thousand miles away and I can feel the change. Some may think Peyton is being Capt Obvious since the Vols under Dooless were on life support but I think Peyton's enthusiasm and approval are a significant brick in the wall.

Say it with me, Peyton!!! "Ah, Dang"

This doesn't only pertain to Peyton but the vast majority of the former players. After Dooley it looked like doom and gloom. Now there's a reason to believe and follow the leader of UT football. I for one never listened to the call before you come policy. Dooley was an idiot. I get calls all the time from guys here and there saying "Juan what do you think" my response is simple we are closer than we were 4 years ago and more talented than 2 years ago, and the coaching is light yrs above where we were since Kiffin staff with the exception of OL, and last year OC. I'm a big fan to say the least. I talk to the staff frequently and praise them for their hard work and relentless recruiting. We aren't 100% back but we will be by 2017.

*****btw anybody in Clarksville we'll be holding a camp Sunday at 3 pm @ Clarkville HS. Free to watch and Joejuan, Adams, TJ Carter and many others will be on display as we bring the NPA way to Montgomery County.***** National Playmakers Academy

Last edited:

VN Store

Back