Orange and White Game Weather!

Coug

I urge everyone planning to attend the O&W to keep a close eye on the weather throughout the day.

There is a high chance for thunderstorms and Weather.com is predicting a TOR:CON level of 6 for TN and northern AL.
http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/amhq/news/tornado-torcon-index

TOR:CON Value Descriptions
8+ Very high probability of a tornado
6 - High probability of a tornado
4 - Moderate chance of a tornado nearby, but hail and/or high wind gusts possible
2 - Low chance of a tornado, but hail and/or high wind gusts possible
0 - Near-zero chance of a tornado or a severe thunderstorm

I urge everyone planning to attend the O&W to keep a close eye on the weather throughout the day.

There is a high chance for thunderstorms and Weather.com is predicting a TOR:CON level of 6 for TN and northern AL.
http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/amhq/news/tornado-torcon-index

TOR:CON Value Descriptions
8+ Very high probability of a tornado
6 - High probability of a tornado
4 - Moderate chance of a tornado nearby, but hail and/or high wind gusts possible
2 - Low chance of a tornado, but hail and/or high wind gusts possible
0 - Near-zero chance of a tornado or a severe thunderstorm

There is a STORM COMING!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 2 people
Torcon 6 is no joke. That's real deal. Everyone stay safe. I hope the forecast changes and everyone going can enjoy a great afternoon.

If I can brave the Oregon game weather and dodge lightning in the metal stands I can make it to this one for sho!

Reactions: 2 people
If I can brave the Oregon game weather and dodge lightning in the metal stands I can make it to this one for sho!

I was at that game, that was awesome! The sun hadn't even set yet but the sky was black as pitch. Our seats are under the overhang so we got to stay in our seats and watch the chaos. Most everyone ran for shelter in the concourse. That was just a typical thunderstorm though, add large hail and possible tornados and that would have been a different story.

The weather situation is looking more serious with each model run it appears. It is now looking like early morning MCS (mesoscale convection...a widespread thunderstorm cluster) will depart and give way to sunshine in the late morning to afternoon. With cold air aloft, a strong jet, and strong shear in place our atmosphere will rapidly destabilize. Individual super cell Thunderstorms will develop across most of the state of Tennessee and southern KY. Several very large hail events of 2+ inch diameter hail (maybe even baseball sized), frequent cloud to ground lightning, Damaging straight line wind gusts of 75+ mph, and even a few destructive, long track tornadoes will be possible in the late afternoon and evening hours Saturday. A warm front will be near our area, and along and just to the south of that front is where we will see the greatest turning of the winds with height in the atmosphere (wind shear). This allows for natural rotation in our atmosphere...an environment that severe thunderstorms thrive in. Expect tornado watches to be posted in our area. I'm not saying that downtown Knoxville will see such events, but please keep in mind that such events look to be widespread and possible in our area. Pray for cloud cover all day because that would limit surface heating and keep a lot of the severe weather in check. If we get no sun then all bets are off as far as the severe weather and at most we may see a squall line form late in the evening. Be Safe!!!

Reactions: 7 people
The weather situation is looking more serious with each model run it appears. It is now looking like early morning MCS (mesoscale convection...a widespread thunderstorm cluster) will depart and give way to sunshine in the late morning to afternoon. With cold air aloft, a strong jet, and strong shear in place our atmosphere will rapidly destabilize. Individual super cell Thunderstorms will develop across most of the state of Tennessee and southern KY. Several very large hail events of 2+ inch diameter hail (maybe even baseball sized), frequent cloud to ground lightning, Damaging straight line wind gusts of 75+ mph, and even a few destructive, long track tornadoes will be possible in the late afternoon and evening hours Saturday. A warm front will be near our area, and along and just to the south of that front is where we will see the greatest turning of the winds with height in the atmosphere (wind shear). This allows for natural rotation in our atmosphere...an environment that severe thunderstorms thrive in. Expect tornado watches to be posted in our area. I'm not saying that downtown Knoxville will see such events, but please keep in mind that such events look to be widespread and possible in our area. Pray for cloud cover all day because that would limit surface heating and keep a lot of the severe weather in check. If we get no sun then all bets are off as far as the severe weather and at most we may see a squall line form late in the evening. Be Safe!!!

Weather game strong. Good info.

You can't hide behind your screen name. I knew you were actually Nancy Van Camp from Channel 4 news in Nashville.

Reactions: 1 person
With this one, stats are strong.
Yoda-Jedi-Council.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Are you secretly a meteorologist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=g_O566ByJc4

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back