Brave like Asa - Fundraiser for 3 year old w/EB (Epidermolysis bullosa)

phowell23

Hi guys I hate posting in here about this but if it helps this little guy out it's worth it! Also, I got permission from Freak before posting this. Mods, can you please sticky this post at least for a few days?

I'm helping raise funds for a 3 year old boy who lives in Powell, TN named Asa Madden. Asa was born with EB (Epidermolysis bullosa) which is a rare disease that only 1 in 20,000 kids are born with. It's a condition where their skin is extremely fragile even just to a touch could cause blisters. They call them Butterfly Children for this reason. Unfortunately, for most children born with EB it's fatal at an early age. That being said he's just a happy kid who just wants to do boy things and enjoy life as much as possible.

pcFI3OD.jpg

We are raising funds for him two different ways:

They are holding a 5K walk/run at Victor Ashe Park in Knoxville on the morning of Saturday, August 15th from 8am to 10:30am. All funds raised go to Debra of America which is the only non-profit organization setup to help children and families with EB (research, programs, provide services).

If you would like to attend or just donate please go here 2nd Annual Knoxville 5K - Home.

You can just do a general anonymous donation or you can register a team and sign-up for the event. They will have all sorts of activities for kids and they are trying to get a celebrity wrestler to be there as well (not official word on him yet but once they get verification he'll be there I'll update). If you are a local business who would like to participate somehow let me know and I'll get you touch with the organizers.

We are also selling a shirt online and the funds not only get you a cool shirt but also 100% of the proceeds are donated directly to Debra of America and to Asa Madden's family to help with medical supplies and travel for him to receive treatment at Cincinnati Childrens Center for EB (the top EB research and treatment center in the nation).

To purchase a shirt you can go here: Fight EB - Fundraiser | Teespring (our goal is to sell 50 and we have sold 20 already). This shirt is only sold until Monday, April 27th but we may relaunch it next month if there is a need.

Let's show our true VOL pride and help this little guy out!

Thanks Freak for letting me post this! You are a true VOL :clapping:.

Reactions: 8 people
My prayers go out Asa and your family. Also, I will def try to make an online donation if my funds allow. God bless!

Just a quick update - we have sold 35 shirts! Just 15 more to reach our goal of 50 shirts. Thanks Volnation :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Prayers for him and his family. Pray you guys raise a lot of $

VN Store

Back