Allison Maurer 'invaluable' to UT football program

kamoshika

She does a remarkable job, IMO, and is critical to the success of this team. Plus she makes some darn good peanut butter.

3879966153_142de8fcbf.jpg

In her office at the Anderson Training Center, Allison Maurer struggles to remember where she was in the moments after Tennessee’s 45-42 victory over South Carolina on Nov. 1, 2014. In between making arrangements for the team’s postgame meal, she was just having trouble believing the Vols really completed the seemingly impossible comeback against the Gamecocks.

She recalls one memory, however, a recollection as clear as that November night sky in Columbia.

She remembers seeing then-senior Jordan Williams on his knees, crying. A bowl game that had eluded him in his four years at Tennessee was finally within inches of his grasp.

The moment illustrated the resounding pathos of college football, but to Maurer, the image was especially moving. Maurer had developed a close relationship with Williams, instructing him on his diet regimen and dispensing advice to him on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle in his four-year tenure at UT. So when she saw his uncontainable euphoria in the aftermath of the Vols’ victory, she too couldn’t help but feel thrilled.

Maurer “invaluable” to Tennessee Football program

Allison Maurer Bio - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: 24 people
Did Butch hire her or was she already here? Obviously we are lucky to have her here!

She's pretty. That's all I've got to say about that.

Yeah, by all accounts Allison does a great job, and the players love her. (thumbs up thingy)

Did Butch hire her or was she already here? Obviously we are lucky to have her here!

According to the article, "Maurer assumed her duties as UT’s sports nutritionist in 2007, hearing about the Tennessee job through a colleague. . . . She got the job and has held the position for nearly eight years. “We value her loyalty,” Jones said. “She has been extremely loyal.” She has been so loyal that she has worked with four different coaching staffs in her eight years with Tennessee."

Reactions: 4 people
I remember an interview with Schwarznegger a few decades ago where he said that bodybuilding was 90% diet. It's amazing to see the transformation some of these guys have gone through.

Btw, I think I'll go grab another chocolate shake...

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder what her salary is? If she calls a 55 hour work week an easy week I hope it's a lot! I would imagine at least 100k a year.

Double her pay, sign her to a 10 year contract that can't be broken and never let her out of K town.

Good looks, good cooking, keeps our boys ready to rock, by George, she's got it all.

Can't let a woman like that get away.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 10 people
Players call her Ms Allison, she is married with 3 kids and a great personality to go with it. Our players are like kids to her, and as you can tell she takes great pride into her job. Great job Ms Allison, hope you love it her at Tennessee because VolNation sure owes you their gratitude.

Reactions: 4 people
good to see her getting a little spot light. a lot of the "little people" don't get enough attention. If she is important to the players she should be important to us the fans.

I was wondering if they could sell some of her stuff, like the Peanut Butter we here about.

good to see her getting a little spot light. a lot of the "little people" don't get enough attention. If she is important to the players she should be important to us the fans.

I was wondering if they could sell some of her stuff, like the Peanut Butter we here about.
I agree.

The players don't respect her one bit and she is definitely nowhere near the top of her field.

After watching this I was wondering what would be the cost of running this program? Seems like dollars well spent.

Teach her to recruit as well,,, when Mama knows Baby gonna get fed, Mama get happy!

VN Store

Back