Who are you most excited about seeing on the field Saturday?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
I always enjoy the OW game, but usually I'm there to watch 1 or 2 players get on the field. Last year I was there to see Hurd, Josh Malone, and to see the savior of Tennessee football Riley Ferguson get some live reps.

This year I'm there to see Alvin Kamara. From the reports I've been reading, he's one of those players you just have to see in person.

I'm also ready to see Quinten Dormady sling a few. He seems to have established himself as the #2 right now and I'm ready to see why.

Any others that anyone is excited about?

Reactions: 4 people
#1 for me is the OLine. How do they perform as a unit, and individually? -- I know this year's "game" will be more like a workout than a true scrimmage, but hopefully we'll get to see these guys perform in at least some 11-on-11 situations.

#2 is Dobbs. Is he throwing it as well under pressure as he has seemed to throw it in every spring practice clip? Because if so, he has made HUGE strides this off-season and is ready to lead us to championships.

#3 is Dormady. Exact same rationale as you; he's the crown prince, at least for now. How does he do in scrimmage?

#4 is MLB. First, who get the nods as 1st team and 2nd team? And then, how do they do at "QBing the defense?" Does the unit look well organized, lots of communication going on?

Reactions: 9 people
I'm really curious to see Josh Malone. Has he put on those, needed, extra few pounds, is he healthy and, is he focused and ready to go. I think he could be a huge key for us this year. If he is ready with, a healthy North and a healthy Pearson, watch out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I wanna see Dobbs go under center, play-action, 7 step drop, long pass on target with no pressure.

If Dobbs can throw accurately and not to the other team. He will win some games with his legs, but if he can be an accurate passer he will take us to the next level.

1. Kamara - explosiveness

2. Tuttle - noticeable disruption in the middle?

3. Malone - would love to see him make some plays to build on his confidence

If Dobbs can throw accurately and not to the other team. He will win some games with his legs, but if he can be an accurate passer he will take us to the next level.

Didn't Dobbs tear it up in last year's O&W game? I seem to recall his highlight reel being impressive.

I don't think you'll really know anything from Sat. It's just a way to see the Vols before August.

Reactions: 2 people
O&W game = rehearsed and scripted glorified scrimmage using one tenth of the playbook. But hey, the festivities are fun. Can't wait for all the hand wringing threads about which unit is weaker because they lost to the other unit in said scrimmage. There is absolutely nothing you can see on Saturday that will have any bearing whatsoever on what happens in Fall camp, but the threads will ensue anyways.

Actually I wish I could be there because all of the above is better than no football of any kind.

Didn't Dobbs tear it up in last year's O&W game? I seem to recall his highlight reel being impressive.

I don't think you'll really know anything from Sat. It's just a way to see the Vols before August.

Malone too. I was pretty sure he was going to be one of the best receivers on the roster for 2014 after last years OW game.

Tuttle, just so we can keep up our nasty DL and have them win a few more games for us.

I know we have townsend coming in a few months, but I'm curious to see how the punters we currently have on campus perform. Darr was huge last year, big shoes to fill.

Kamara for sure. None of the practice videos have really shown what he's capable of. He's still a bit of a mystery at this point.

Kamara, the O-line, hopefully against #1 D-Line, Tuttle, The back seven on defense (LB's and secondary). I am comfortable with Dobbs, anxious to see what QD can do. I'm know he will make some miss reads, this should be expected from all fresh QB's, but I want to see if his ball placement is a good at this level as it was in HS.

Are McKenzie and Richmond going to be on the sidelines / mingling about the crowd?

I wanna see Dobbs go under center, play-action, 7 step drop, long pass on target with no pressure.

You want to see Dobbs play for the '76 Raiders? I bet Dobbs doesn't take a 7 step drop from under center all year.

The 2 biggest variables to success this year imo 1) How much has Dobbs grown? Moments of excitement and success last year but he will be "the man" from the get-go, and 2) OL improvement. I don't know that we can judge well from the event Saturday but that's what I am looking for.

We are ready to see our Tennessee Volunteers on the field!! We can't wait to feel the feeling inside our Neyland Stadium!!!!! And be with all our friends again!!!!

I SAY it's Great to Be a TENNESSEE VOL! 🏈

VN Store

Back