'CMG' sets sights on becoming best RB duo

kamoshika

Smash and dash. Thunder and lightning. Many of the great running back duos have a nickname, and now Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara, UT’s latest duo, have dubbed themselves with a moniker as they look to become one of the best in the SEC.

“We want to be the best,” Kamara, a former Alabama running back and top junior college transfer said after Saturday’s scrimmage. “That’s what we talk about. It’s CMG. That is our style. We want to take that everywhere we go, any stadium we go. As a running back, that is what we want to do. That is our job. We want to move the chains.”

CMG – or the “Chain Moving Gang” – is what they refer to themselves as behind the scenes, and now UT is getting a glimpse of what they can do on the field this spring before they get to work on the SEC this fall.

"CMG" Sets Sights On Becoming Best Duo | Rocky Top Insider

Reactions: 8 people
I like Smash and Dash but if they want to be the Chain Moving Gang then CMG it is.

Our CMG will move a lot of chains and score a lot of TD's this year.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Kamara would have to have an incredible season if he went 1 and done. Yeldon is projected in rounds 3-4, and he was a monster for 3 years. I'm fine with him being gone next year bc that means we probably had a hell of a season.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't like it.....keep hearing the Pretenders "Back on the chain gang" in my head.

I like they've got a nickname they can identify with, esp. as it builds a bond between them. In my mind they're still going to be Moose and Squirrel, but I like the nickname they picked, too. :)

Reactions: 2 people
If Dobbs stays healthy, Hurd and Kamara will do fine. Dobbs goes down, hello to 8 in the box.

I feel like nicknames are earned.

It's like the kid in elementary school that wants to be called "Dragon."

You gotta earn that junk with tats, street cred, and shear scariness!

Reactions: 1 person
"Their Momma's named em Hurd and Kamara.....I call em Hurd and Kamara!!

chilmonty-albums-my+pics-picture4881-th.jpeg

Reactions: 8 people
Yeah because the backup QBs have no wheels

No, because defenses are going to dare the QB to throw it. Dobbs isn't running anywhere either if the defense goes 8 and 9 up to stop the run. Dobbs knows the offense and can throw it, "CORRECTLY," which forces defenses into backing up and covering recievers.. Remember Dobbs didn't pass it too well his freshman year and defenses pretty much stuffed the run on Tennessee... Just keep Dobbs healthy, If you can pass you can run. jmo

No, because defenses are going to dare the QB to throw it. Dobbs isn't running anywhere either if the defense goes 8 and 9 up to stop the run. Dobbs knows the offense and can throw it, "CORRECTLY," which forces defenses into backing up and covering recievers.. Remember Dobbs didn't pass it too well his freshman year and defenses pretty much stuffed the run on Tennessee... Just keep Dobbs healthy, If you can pass you can run. jmo

Please please please put 8 in the box to stop the run, even if we have a back up QB in. Heck, if we have one on one coverage on North, Pig, and Pearson then even a frosh could pick them apart.

Bama tried that on tOSU to shut down Ez E and Jones just threw it long knowing they had no deep safety.

The threat from our WR corps will stop teams from over loading the box. Maybe we go against teams with good corners, but our #5 WR had more talent than most teams #3 corner.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back