Orange and White promo video

The A/V production dept. at UT is 2nd to none. They put together outstanding promo vids.

Reactions: 5 people
It's been 10+ years since I've been to the Orange and White game and would like to know if it's still the same. Show up a few hours early to go down on the field and meet players and coaches then find a seat for the game?

It's been 10+ years since I've been to the Orange and White game and would like to know if it's still the same. Show up a few hours early to go down on the field and meet players and coaches then find a seat for the game?

Yep. There were a few rough years when fan day was at the practice field and Neyland was under construction. Should be getting back to "normal". Go Vols!!

Gotta love, "Take your sensitive pill, it's time to go outside. This is football, it's a tough game." at 0:18. My guess is the coaches don't miss Hendrix and Helm much at all.

Reactions: 1 person
Gotta love, "Take your sensitive pill, it's time to go outside. This is football, it's a tough game." at 0:18. My guess is the coaches don't miss Hendrix and Helm much at all.

So you're assuming Hendrix and Helm left because they weren't tough. So typical.

So you're assuming Hendrix and Helm left because they weren't tough. So typical.

I'm not assuming anything or implying that they weren't tough. I was, however, implying that they were sensitive to criticism/harsh language based on statements that Hendrix has been quoted as saying in multiple places as well as the rumor (though I admit, I've read no confirmation of it) that Helm took offense to some profanity spoken by the staff during practice.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm not assuming anything or implying that they weren't tough. I was, however, implying that they were sensitive to criticism/harsh language based on statements that Hendrix has been quoted as saying in multiple places as well as the rumor (though I admit, I've read no confirmation of it) that Helm took offense to some profanity spoken by the staff during practice.

In other words, Helm didn't want to spend the next three years listening to profanity. Nothing wrong with that if that's what the young man chooses. It's no different than a kid deciding he doesn't want to hear someone praise God constantly. That's the only thing here that seems to be confirmed.
So basically you implied these guys could not handle the toughness rehired and quit. Yet you have no actual evidence of such.

Those two young men have their all for UT, if only for one year.

Why not take the high road and be thankful that they came and worked instead of making negative assumptions about their football toughness?

In other words, Helm didn't want to spend the next three years listening to profanity. Nothing wrong with that if that's what the young man chooses. It's no different than a kid deciding he doesn't want to hear someone praise God constantly. That's the only thing here that seems to be confirmed.
So basically you implied these guys could not handle the toughness rehired and quit. Yet you have no actual evidence of such.

Those two young men have their all for UT, if only for one year.

Why not take the high road and be thankful that they came and worked instead of making negative assumptions about their football toughness?

Good lord... I did not say that they quit because of it. I'm just saying that they were sensitive to criticism and harsh language and at least in Hendrix's case there is evidence to support that from his own comments... and they gave their all for UT, if only for one year? Really? That reminds me of a commercial that a tomato can boxer named Peter McNeely did for Pizza Hut after getting knocked out in the first round by Mike Tyson. "I went toe to toe with the champ and gave it my all...for 89 seconds."

I would stand by my original post that the coaching staff probably does not miss those guys. The 'sensitive pill' remark didn't come out of thin air.

Reactions: 2 people
lets not call them the a/v department, that is insulting. This is the VFL Films Crew!

VN Store

Back