Vols No. 24 in Phil Steele's top 25

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
24. Tennessee Volunteers

There's excitement brewing in Tennessee as the Volunteers are on the rise. They will be picked by some to win their division and for good reason, as after returning only 10 starters in 2014, coach Butch Jones' team has 18 back this season. In addition, of their five SEC losses, two came vs. the SEC division winners, one was to Florida by a single point and another was at No. 12 Georgia by three points. There's no better feeling for a team going into the offseason than dominating a bowl opponent, and the Vols did just that against Iowa.

Predicting preseason college football AP 11-25 teams

Reactions: 17 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
What a joke. Try finishing in the top 15+. You go 10-2 and you got to finish in the top 15 or better. :)

9-3 would be a great step forward for this team. The people on here predicting 10-2 or 11-1 will be the first screaming "Fahr Butch" when it's obvious we are could be doing some great things in the next five years.

This will be a really "good" year, with some great years to come. Great time to be a Vol!

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, I'm thinking this is about where we'll start the season--in the 20-25 range. And we'll end the season in the 5-12 range. Go Vols! :good!:

Last edited:
Glad we have some sane people on here.

It does seem like the expectations have kinda skyrocketed. And considering people usually add about two games to their predictions when August rolls around, I'm guessing many will have us in the playoff hunt by then. :)

Reactions: 2 people
It does seem like the expectations have kinda skyrocketed. And considering people usually add about two games to their predictions when August rolls around, I'm guessing many will have us in the playoff hunt by then. :)

Heck, I have us in the playoff hunt already. Going to have to put us in the NFC-South playoff berth by August. :)

VN Store

Back