A lot of positive press here lately...

titansvolsfaninga

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV
A major power shift is difficult for any college football team to make but that task can seem next to impossible for a team in the SEC.

That is what makes the changes in fortune for the Tennessee Volunteers so impressive. After a seven-year streak during which the Vols did not win more than seven games in a season (something that had not happened since the 1974-1980 campaigns), this program looks to be on the verge of reclaiming its spot as an annual SEC championship contender.

Tennessee Volunteers are ready to be a college football title contender in the SEC in 2015

Reactions: 2 people
It's 2012 all over again! Except our coach is slightly better :)

The one thing we really had against us going into this year was public perception. Nobody's worried about playing Tennessee, but the sports media is changing that. Planting he seeds of doubt in our opponents' minds. May be a very interesting year if we play well against Oklahoma.

The one thing we really had against us going into this year was public perception. Nobody's worried about playing Tennessee, but the sports media is changing that. Planting he seeds of doubt in our opponents' minds. May be a very interesting year if we play well against Oklahoma.

No doubt in my mind we will beat the oky's this year.:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
We are going to surprise some teams this year. There has been a long hiatus where the VOLS have not been up on the "fear radar" for teams. It is changing especially if ESPN is being positive about us.

Bar has been raised. Yet it seem like only last year we were picked to win only 4 games, replaced five OL, rebuilt the DL and played 23 FR.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Whomping Iowa certainly helps. I recently ran into a business associate and I had my Tennessee Orange on and he said "You from Tennessee"? And I said yes and he sheepishly put his head down and said he was from Iowa and said something about us beating them. This guy is at least 40 and was embarrassed. I didn't want to stomp on him and said yeah we had a pretty good day in the bowl game and we needed it badly. They definitely weren't expecting what they received and that result can only help springboard us into this season along with the recruiting success. I don't want to sound too optimistic but this could be a great year for us, unlike my dashed hopes over the past few seasons. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Hunter played and played well all year.

"Dakicked off the team" was never #1.

Harsh. I think a case could be made that Rogers was #1 coming into the season. Hunter was coming back from a knee injury and Patterson had never played a major game.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back