Florida Game Hotel

KillaRed54

Me and my buddies are planning a trip for the Tennessee Florida game. One of my buddies is getting married and is a huge Florida fan and we always have talked about going to this game so we decided to hit it up before his wedding. We are in our mid twenties and staying from Friday night until Sunday morning. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions?

Me and my buddies are planning a trip for the Tennessee Florida game. One of my buddies is getting married and is a huge Florida fan and we always have talked about going to this game so we decided to hit it up before his wedding. We are in our mid twenties and staying from Friday night until Sunday morning. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions?

Ocala is cheaper but its about a 45 minute drive to the dump

Very few close to the stadium. I make the trip every other year with two of my buddies. This year we are renting a house from a lady 1 mile from the stadium. I would check into that before a hotel. If you book it soon enough you will get a better rate than waiting also.

Ocala is cheaper but its about a 45 minute drive to the dump

+1 Ocala is best option financially at this point.

I booked a room at the SpringHill Suites in Gainesville back in December for $300 a night. Most of the others in Gainesville were $400+.

+1 Ocala is best option financially at this point.

I booked a room at the SpringHill Suites in Gainesville back in December for $300 a night. Most of the others in Gainesville were $400+.

Americas Best Value Inn is cheap and only 2 miles from the stadium. It's a hole in the wall though with a liquor store next door.

Directions from Ocala to Ben Hill Griffin:

Drive East till you smell it, then North till you step in it.....

Reactions: 1 person
We have been the previous two Tennessee - Florida games there. The first time we stayed in Jacksonville, the second time Tampa. They are both about the same distance drive to the dump but Tampa is MUCH nicer and more stuff to do, with Busch Gardens being one of them.

Last trip we stayed in St Augustine. The wife hit the beach & I went to the game. About 1 1/2 hour drive.

As others have said there are very few decent hotels in the area. The Hilton Garden is crazy expensive. 2 years ago we booked a hotel in Ocala but a week out I checked and we stayed at the Springhill Suites for a decent rate.

Staying in Jacksonville, actually Fernandina Beach, at my brother-in-law's. It will be his first UF-UT game. He's not really a college football fan. He prefers the NFL, but he is the weapons officer on the USS Tennessee, so I think he needs to see what he's fighting for. LOL

Reactions: 3 people
I booked at Gainesville Lodge for $50 a night back in January. Looked like a decent place and is a mile from the 'stadium.' Not sure what prices will look like now though or if you could even get a room there.

I always stay in Valdosta, GA for the Florida game.

No point in staying in Gainesville for any longer than needed to see the game, and you're already a couple hours down the road come Sunday.

I'll be at work this year though during the game.

Last edited:
I also get to use my brothers house for this game. Get to two games as we are going to this game and the Arkansas game the next week.

The good news is you can park and set up your tailgate for free in a lot of areas. We always get up early and set up our tailgate spot, take a cab back to the hotel and get ready. Then take a cab/ hotel shuttle back to our tailgate spot when we're ready.

I'll have a two month old at that time so I don't even know of I'll be going. I'm in Jax so it's not like it's an overnight experience.

VN Store

Back