Toughest Games 2015

Coug

schedule.jpg

Oklahoma
Georgia
Alabama
Missouri

Looking at our schedule I think these will be our hardest games. Florida and Arkansas I think we can and probably will win. AT Alabama and AT Missouri are going to be difficult but I could see us adding Missouri to the win column this year. Right now the talking heads don't like our odds in the Missouri game. Georgia being a home game is going to be yet another rowdy, electric environment. We SHOULD easily go 8-4, possibly 10-2 regular season.

Reactions: 1 person
Florida should be on the list,since UT hasn't beat em in forever and Arkansas isn't going to be a push over either

Reactions: 7 people
@Bama
@Florida
Oklahoma
UGA
Ark

We're capable of losing all of these. Probably won't but definitely could.

Reactions: 5 people
This. And you even ranked them in order according to their level of difficulty.

I know people have a mental blocker when it comes to Fla but I just don't see how they could be our second most difficult game this year. If we can't beat them then there's a few more we don't have a shot in

I know people have a mental blocker when it comes to Fla but I just don't see how they could be our second most difficult game this year. If we can't beat them then there's a few more we don't have a shot in

I agree with that on paper. I think we will beat them and drain the swamp this year, but I don't think it is going to be easy. It is a mental hump that we have to get over.

Until Tennessee actually beats them Florida will always be the toughest game on the schedule. Although I think things are looking up because I do believe Florida has hired their Dooley but then again I'm almost certain they will find a way to win.

HillstoClimb2015.png

That big hill in the middle makes the series of games harder than they would be in isolation. Florida and Alabama being away games adds to their difficulty.

So in order of challenge:
  • @Alabama
  • Georgia
  • @Florida
  • Arkansas
  • Oklahoma
  • @Mizzou
  • South Carolina (yep, I include them...never take Spurrier for granted)
everything else are "should-wins"

Reactions: 6 people
Need to consider the following

@Bama - They are the reason Sutton is working at nickel position, so he can move him to a receiver and not a side.

@Florida - New coaching staff

Oklahoma - New offensive coach

UGA - New QB and Offensive coach

Ark - New offensive coach

Of course we have a new Offensive coach also, but to his credit the players say he didn't change much.

Reactions: 1 person

As bad as I hate to accept the UF loss (and I'm still butthurt over it...) when I look at the mock drafts and see some of the UF players high draft status, it makes me understand it more (still butthurt nonetheless.....)

Reactions: 2 people
Arkansas is going to be tougher than most expect.

That's going to be a hard hitting, smashmouth game.

I can hardly wait for the season to begin.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Bama
UF
UGA
OU
Ark
Mizzou

Those are all going to be tough games but the only glaring talent deficit is against Bama. UT most likely won't win all 6 of those games but they have the talent to win 5 of them.

A couple months ago ESPN released their early FPI ratings. I calculated win % based on those. So in ascending order:

@Alabama - 30.8%
Georgia - 53.5%
Arkansas - 54.6%
@Missouri - 57.5%
Oklahoma - 59.6%
@Florida - 60.9%
@Kentucky - 74.8%
South Carolina - 81.9%
Vanderbilt - 88.5%
Bowling Green - 95.3%
North Texas - 98.5%
Western Carolina - 100%

Reactions: 3 people
A couple months ago ESPN released their early FPI ratings. I calculated win % based on those. So in ascending order:

@Alabama - 30.8%
Georgia - 53.5%
Arkansas - 54.6%
@Missouri - 57.5%
Oklahoma - 59.6%
@Florida - 60.9%
@Kentucky - 74.8%
South Carolina - 81.9%
Vanderbilt - 88.5%
Bowling Green - 95.3%
North Texas - 98.5%
Western Carolina - 100%

You must have a cell ref off somewhere in your spreadsheet. Vandy is ranked too high.

@Alabama - 30.8%
Georgia - 53.5%
Arkansas - 54.6%
@Missouri - 57.5%
Oklahoma - 59.6%
@Florida - 60.9%

@Kentucky - 74.8%
South Carolina - 81.9%
Vanderbilt - 88.5%
Bowling Green - 95.3%
North Texas - 98.5%
Western Carolina - 100%

Pretty much sums it up nicely. The only game on the schedule where we will be heavy underdogs is Bama. The rest of the games we have a decent chance of winning.

I think the vols will have a very strong early showing, beating UF, OU, and maybe even UGA.

Then ALA will begin the skid where MIZZOU and SCAR play very close games due to injuries.

Reactions: 2 people

@Alabama - 30.8%
Georgia - 53.5%
Arkansas - 54.6%
@Missouri - 57.5%
Oklahoma - 59.6%
@Florida - 60.9%
@Kentucky - 74.8%
South Carolina - 81.9%
Vanderbilt - 88.5%t
Bowling Green - 95.3%
North Texas - 98.5%
Western Carolina - 100%

Apparently you weighted heavily for being an away game? Kentucky over USCE seems odd. They beat the Gators in th swamp last year and even with a terrible defense they could score.

VN Store

Back