Hope Guarantano signs next February and...

1standgoal

Hope Guarantano signs next February, and to help in that decision, hope Butch can sign 4 or 5 massive offensive linemen and 2 or 3 more quality wide receivers in the same class. When Manning signed with UT, it made recruiting a lot easier for Coach Fulmer. I hope Guarantano will make it easier for Coach Jones.

Reactions: 3 people
Heh, I'm hoping the young man is sitting down with his parents and guidance counselor this week to figure out a way to graduate HS in December so he can be an EE next January. :)

Reactions: 11 people
Hope Guarantano signs next February, and to help in that decision, hope Butch can sign 4 or 5 massive offensive linemen and 2 or 3 more quality wide receivers in the same class. When Manning signed with UT, it made recruiting a lot easier for Coach Fulmer. I hope Guarantano will make it easier for Coach Jones.

He's going to be here before February

Reactions: 2 people

If we have a 9-3 10-2 season I think CBJ will put together a recruiting class of epic proportions.

Reactions: 1 person
He will stay committed because of the comment the OSU coach said about him

Could be, but...he committed to the Vols and I believe he'll honor that. Funny thing, after his Vol commitment a Texas QB commits to OSU a few hours later... strange.

GO VOLS!

Might need an ego adjustment.

Most of your 4 and 5 stars do, thats why after 1 year a couple of your top commits go somewhere else, they dont like the coaches yelling at them it hurts there little feelings.:furious3:

Could be, but...he committed to the Vols and I believe he'll honor that. Funny thing, after his Vol commitment a Texas QB commits to OSU a few hours later... strange.

GO VOLS!

Not that strange really. Depends on the number of QB's OSU was planning on taking. Kind of like a most wanted list or pecking order. When Guarantano committed to the Vols, it was on to the next guy on their list. If the Texas QB really wanted to go to OSU, he probably jumped at the opportunity before another QB offered by OSU filled the spot, depending on if Meyer would accept the commitment. Remember, recruiting is a numbers game and coaches look to fill a quota needed to fill future holes in positions of need. A coach may offer 5 QB's but may just be looking to take 1 or 2 depending on the expected turnover at that position.

GO VOLS!

Actually the TX QB committed to OSU hours BEFORE JG committed to us. Urban tried to ruin JG's moment.

Reactions: 5 people
Not that strange really. Depends on the number of QB's OSU was planning on taking. Kind of like a most wanted list or pecking order. When Guarantano committed to the Vols, it was on to the next guy on their list. If the Texas QB really wanted to go to OSU, he probably jumped at the opportunity before another QB offered by OSU filled the spot, depending on if Meyer would accept the commitment. Remember, recruiting is a numbers game and coaches look to fill a quota needed to fill future holes in positions of need. A coach may offer 5 QB's but may just be looking to take 1 or 2 depending on the expected turnover at that position.

Good post. Agree...totally. Just thought it was pretty fast. :eek:k:

GO VOLS!

2005309swsw.gif

Reactions: 3 people

You must have seen something different on his announcement video than I did. He started off thanking God and then spent most of the rest of the time thanking his family, coaches, and teammates. He actually teared up a little bit and seemed like a very humble kid. He did have 15-20 seconds of fun when he made his announcement in Times Square. I guess he's not allowed to have any fun.

Reactions: 5 people
Since first learning about Jarrett Guarantarano, I was highly, highly enthusiastic about the prospects of him being a Vol.

Before Coach Jones, I had gotten to the point of thinking that huge prospects like him were considering the Vols but not truly considering UT. I really like his video announcement and I hope he turns out to leave a legacy like another couple of guys at UT from the New York City area in another sport. But on top of that, he is articulate and goal driven.

Since Coach Jones came to UT, one of the things that I have noticed about the recruits in addition to their high degree of athleticism is their how well-spoken they are and how mature they seem to be for their age. I no longer cringe at the prospects of these young men speaking into a microphone. This has been true from 2013, starting with Josh Dobbs and Marquez North. I recognize that by the time these young men get to college, they have had considerably more experience with public speaking than young men of the same age years ago. Nevertheless, these are exemplary young men both on and off the field that Butch Jones/staff are attracting to UT. As much as ever, it is great to be Tennessee Vol!

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back