Alcohol sales at the games

VolsnRavens

Maryland is about to be the 33rd school to open up beer sales at Football/Basketball games. How about here?

Maryland in Final Stages of Approval for Beer Sales at Games

I'm all for this as people will be carded and, according to the article, the 32 schools that have started selling it, the incidents of violence at the games have gone down as people aren't binge drinking before entering the stadium. Which is easy to see and understand. I'm a traditionalist at some things, but this seems like a good thing to at least try. I believe they should try it for one season to get the feedback and track any issues.

Reactions: 22 people
You can drink for hours to a stupor before the game but can't buy it inside the stadium. Makes sense

Reactions: 9 people
You are never going to eliminate drunken idiots like myself but you can help us stop binge drinking before the game.

Reactions: 16 people
Good idea. Clearly we need more drunk fans

You really think that having sales inside the stadium will create substantially more drunks than are already there? At least this way, the University will make some money from it instead of people just drinking themselves stupid at the tailgate.

Reactions: 14 people
The worst part of the entire experience at a game for me and my family are the idiot, loudmouth drunks. Some people have NO business being drunk in public. Sadly, the slurred minority detract from the atmosphere, the game and the tradition for responsible, courteous fans.

Reactions: 28 people
The worst part of the entire experience at a game for me and my family are the idiot, loudmouth drunks. Some people have NO business being drunk in public. Sadly, the slurred minority detract from the atmosphere, the game and the tradition for responsible, courteous fans.

That's not really the point though. These kind of drunks are there regardless of whether or not alcohol is sold in the stadium. I think its actually worse because people slam drinks out in the parking lot because they know they wont be able to purchase during the game.

Reactions: 9 people
In a lot of ways my values are consistent with being a Republican (married, Christian, father, gun owners, business owner, Southern) but in some ways I can't handle them taking away freedom. Can't buy beer at certain events. Or in certain days. Or in certain counties. And for God's sake we aren't allowed to do what my name indicates I might enjoy.

Reactions: 11 people
In a lot of ways my values are consistent with being a Republican (married, Christian, father, gun owners, business owner, Southern) but in some ways I can't handle them taking away freedom. Can't buy beer at certain events. Or in certain days. Or in certain counties. And for God's sake we aren't allowed to do what my name indicates I might enjoy.

You just went up a notch in my book. Solid life and values.

Reactions: 7 people
Maryland is about to be the 33rd school to open up beer sales at Football/Basketball games. How about here?

Maryland in Final Stages of Approval for Beer Sales at Games

I'm all for this as people will be carded and, according to the article, the 32 schools that have started selling it, the incidents of violence at the games have gone down as people aren't binge drinking before entering the stadium. Which is easy to see and understand. I'm a traditionalist at some things, but this seems like a good thing to at least try. I believe they should try it for one season to get the feedback and track any issues.

We can't do anything until the SEC changes its rule against alcohol sales at on-campus events. They have discussed relaxing the rule for off-campus events, but I don't expect it to change on-campus any time soon.

Reactions: 2 people
You really think that having sales inside the stadium will create substantially more drunks than are already there? At least this way, the University will make some money from it instead of people just drinking themselves stupid at the tailgate.

I don't think it will have much of an effect on the tailgate bingers. They'll continue to be idiots. Maybe they should seek out help

I just think it will make Neyland less welcoming to those who wish to take their sons and daughters to a place they loved as a kid.

Reactions: 11 people
I don't think it will have much of an effect on the tailgate bingers. They'll continue to be idiots

I just think it will make Neyland less welcoming to those who wish to take their sons and daughters to a place they loved as a kid.

I mean...kids go to NFL games and NASCAR races and still have fun, no?

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think it will have much of an effect on the tailgate bingers. They'll continue to be idiots. Maybe they should seek out help

Eh, we see it very differently then. I dont think it will negatively affect the experience for families. I mean you can buy beer all day long at Sea World and other family parks, but it doesnt seem to kill the family experience there.

Reactions: 6 people
Eh, we see it very differently then. I dont think it will negatively affect the experience for families. I mean you can buy beer all day long at Sea World and other family parks, but it doesnt seem to kill the family experience there.

But that's the point of a place like seaworld. In Neyland you'll have people like nationdom who view it as their mission to insult every opposing fan to enter the place. Alcohol will only embolden more to join

I get the arguments for it I just don't see it going so well if put in place

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back